Do i need an amp for powerfull 6.5?

LynxJava

London
Dear All,

I have got my self a pair of Diamond S600 HEX components.

http://diamondaudio.com/products/dsp_popupSpecs.cfm?typeid=29

(top one on this list)

This has a output watt of 300 and 150 RMS watt.

Thats a total of

4(speakers)x 150RMS = 600 RMS

Do i need to get an amp just to power these beasts?

I have a JVC KD-AVX1

http://www.jvcmobile.co.uk/prod_detail.asp?action=&prod_area=mobile&prod_id=116&sub_cat_id=22

Which has 4x 50 Watt so i dont think this would be enough. Also, the components come with cross-overs, but as far as i know, they dont act as an amp.

Could someone please advise me with what to do?

If an amp is neccessary...any reccommendations?

All suggestions welcome!

Cheers people

Lynx

an amp is not technically necessary as you could just use your hu, but it will sound much better to power them with an amp. definately should use an amp tho, just look for a 2channel amp rated at the correct specs.

No way, why do you want 2 component sets? Most professionals have 1 set inthe front of the car. Get at least a 75wX2 RMS not peak like your deck. Your JVC is not 50x4 rather its only about 17x4. You definatley want to put an amp on your compnents and have a sub stage.

You could look into getting a 5 channel amp, so you can upgrade with a sub at some point. I'm getting an Orion 7005 which is:

4x50 @4ohm

4x100 @2ohm

1x150 @4ohm

1x300 @2ohm

People say that it is underrated, but I havent heard it yet should be here Monday, whoohoo!

i already have a sub and amp.

I have the 12 " Kicker Solo X sub and the K2500.1 amp

so i would need a amp just for the components it self.

Any reccomendations?

i already have a sub and amp.
I have the 12 " Kicker Solo X sub and the K2500.1 amp

so i would need a amp just for the components it self.

Any reccomendations?
The JVC page you linked to doesn't mention crossover's at all -- do you need the amplifier to have the crossover for those components, or does the deck do it, or do you have an external x-over?

yeah amp your components. for now if you already have them you can isntalla dn run off deck power and you will be amazed by the sound....

then wait till you get an amp and install that and you will be like "OH MY GOD THESE SOUNDED LIKE CRAP BEFORE"

I found with amping it really brought the midbass out and overal the clarity of the sound was alot better.

Look for something in the 75/100 range in a 4 channel :p

I'd get an amp as powerful as you can afford to go, just turn the gain down but if you just did one pair versus 2 that should save you some money.

I'd say AT LEAST 150 rms x 2

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.