Do wire harness adapters exist for After-market harnesses?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Firetruck
10+ year member

USA
I have 4 speakers wired to an after-market HU, and I believe the wire harness is in place is an after-market harness. Now I wanna wire the speakers to an amp for more power

I was talking to some dude who worked at BestBuy and he said that cause it's not the original harness, I'm stuck w/ cutting all the wires, crimping them to long ass speaker wires and sticking them straight onto the amp, few questions...

I heard that there is a harness adapter I could use, can someone link me?

is the AL, AR, BL, BR where the speaker wires go if I choose to go w/ the guy's advice?

Do I just use 22 gauge wire, or try 16, can you crimp 16 gauge wi4res to the tiny stock speaker wires?

Do I needa put those ring-crimps on to the end of the speaker wire, or just strip it and stick it into the screw/plate device?

Thanks in advance

Oh and lastly...on my amp it's got two green rectangles stickin out a bit, each labeled 30A, so my amp's total fuse rating is 60A right? Therefore I need a 60A fuse on my power wire?

oh i meant like, disconnect the speaker wire harness from the HU then from that point run them to the amp, it'd take a lot of re-wiring to get them from their door/roof locations to the amp right?

What he's saying is that since you have an aftermarket H/U you won't need to splice speaker wires. You would get a set of RCA's and plug them into the back of your H/U and then plug them into the input jacks on your amplifier.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Firetruck

10+ year member
Firetruck
USA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from