dodge 2500

f250
10+ year member

Alright right now I have a 03 ford f250 6.0l. Not too fond of it so thinking of trading it in and getting a 04 dodge ram 2500 Cummins. What kinda system would I be able to do under the back seat? What would be a good system for like 1500$? Should I get rid of the ford?

Looking for a sound quality setup or SPL? or a little of both? What type of music do you listen to?

I personally am a Ford guy. My neighbor just traded his 2500 for an F250. lol

Looking for a sound quality setup or SPL? or a little of both? What type of music do you listen to?
I personally am a Ford guy. My neighbor just traded his 2500 for an F250. lol
Lol about the neighbor thing. I have one of the early 6.0 though. It's the one that so many people talk about having so many bugs and that it does. Just costs too much to own just for maintinance. Iv heard better things about the dodge but never owned one I guess. I know I want another diesel though. And its just for a small system just to put a little bit of bass on my truck without making it rattle like crazy like my last car. So kinda leaning towards 10s so it'll be a bit better on lows than 8s. So I guess mostly sq. I listen to mostly rap and hip hop.

I understand the 6.0 deal.

Bigger subs hitting lows better is a myth.

I personally would run 2 sundown SA-8s under the rear seats on a sundown 1200 and some sundown components on a sundown 100.4.

I personally would run 2 sundown SA-8s under the rear seats on a sundown 1200 and some sundown components on a sundown 100.4.
Yeah I guess iv only had one set of 8s and I just wasn't a huge fan.... Any other good sq 8s or 10s? Im only 17 so I just don't want to have a $15,000 truck for 5 months and have it turn into something that's just a rattletrap on everysingle bump. Lol

um you are wrong about the bigger subs hitting lower, at least when in terms of cone size. you can see it just by looking and the t/s parameters Fs goes lower with lager cone area.

A word of caution about dodges too they are also prone to issues. I know a lot of guys out here that have rear end problems all the time. But the truck itself is a better platform for a sound system. The tubs under the rear seat have enough room to fit a wide variety of subs. If the box is built right you will have up to 7.5" mounting depth for subs.

A word of caution about dodges too they are also prone to issues. I know a lot of guys out here that have rear end problems all the time. But the truck itself is a better platform for a sound system. The tubs under the rear seat have enough room to fit a wide variety of subs. If the box is built right you will have up to 7.5" mounting depth for subs.
Well what kinda truck would you suggest? I know I want another diesel. Not a huge Chevy or GMC fan so don't want a Silverado or sierra.... Any thoughts?

Well what kinda truck would you suggest? I know I want another diesel. Not a huge Chevy or GMC fan so don't want a Silverado or sierra.... Any thoughts?
Old body style crew cab short bed 7.3 F350 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

um you are wrong about the bigger subs hitting lower, at least when in terms of cone size. you can see it just by looking and the t/s parameters Fs goes lower with lager cone area.
Umm no. My 8s will play just as low as my 12s. The 12s may be louder at the lower frequency because of more cone area and power but they 8s can go just as low. All in the box.

Old body style crew cab short bed 7.3 F350 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif
My uncle has one he's gunna sell soon with only like 100,000 miles on it. Just used it to pull camper sometimes. But idk if I want another ford after this one. Lol

Umm no. My 8s will play just as low as my 12s. The 12s may be louder at the lower frequency because of more cone area and power but they 8s can go just as low. All in the box.
the box does have a lot to do with it but if your saying that your 8's will play as low as my 15 your out of your mind.

My uncle has one he's gunna sell soon with only like 100,000 miles on it. Just used it to pull camper sometimes. But idk if I want another ford after this one. Lol
I love the OBS Fords. Not very quick but reliable. The E4OD trans is a PITA for some people though. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rage.gif.0ad8a6e5565b5fddce406566fdd05149.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.