dodge 2500

I love the OBS Fords. Not very quick but reliable. The E4OD trans is a PITA for some people though. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rage.gif.0ad8a6e5565b5fddce406566fdd05149.gif
Any other diesels to look at? Like I said don't want a Chevy really, and not too big on going ford again....

The weak point on dodge is there transmissions and there rear ends/axels

But the cummins motor is bullet proof and is the best choice our of the 3 american trucks.

The weak point on dodge is there transmissions and there rear ends/axels
But the cummins motor is bullet proof and is the best choice our of the 3 american trucks.
Yeah that's what I keep hearing. Hopefully gunna get that soon. New build then! Haha

Yeah that's what I keep hearing. Hopefully gunna get that soon. New build then! Haha
About the 6.0...I have heard nothing but terrible things. A guy I know had an F350 Dually long bed with the 6.0 in it. He went through 3 sets of injectors and 2 motors. And finally gave up on the truck. He now owns 6 Diesel trucks at the moment. Mostly Duramax's. But he has some fords still. Just none with the 6.0 in it.

Take the Allison transmission from the Duramax line and put it in the Cummins with the ford rear end and your all set to go.

And about the system. I agree. Throw a couple pairs of 8" or 10" subs in the back and your good. Then spend the rest on upgrading the front stage/head unit

Dodge all the way my dad has a 2004 3500 with the six speed pulls a 38ft fifth wheel camper weighing over 20k loaded just the camper lol. Anyways 160,000 miles and the only problem was a crank position sensor truck is still going strong today and he used it every day to pull a 18ft work trailer. I also know what you mean about the 6.0 my father in law bought one spent 14k fixing it for the 13 months he had it!!

About the 6.0...I have heard nothing but terrible things. A guy I know had an F350 Dually long bed with the 6.0 in it. He went through 3 sets of injectors and 2 motors. And finally gave up on the truck. He now owns 6 Diesel trucks at the moment. Mostly Duramax's. But he has some fords still. Just none with the 6.0 in it.

Take the Allison transmission from the Duramax line and put it in the Cummins with the ford rear end and your all set to go.

And about the system. I agree. Throw a couple pairs of 8" or 10" subs in the back and your good. Then spend the rest on upgrading the front stage/head unit
Yeah Im just sick of all the problems. Iv prolly spent over 5,000 in the last 10 months iv had it. Pita. Lol I love it when its running good cuz don't get me wrong its got balls and all and its pretty fun in the mud. But its not worth it.

Dodge all the way my dad has a 2004 3500 with the six speed pulls a 38ft fifth wheel camper weighing over 20k loaded just the camper lol. Anyways 160,000 miles and the only problem was a crank position sensor truck is still going strong today and he used it every day to pull a 18ft work trailer. I also know what you mean about the 6.0 my father in law bought one spent 14k fixing it for the 13 months he had it!!
That's a lot of cash in 13 months. Lol

You ever had a dodge? I keep hearing mixed emotions about um so not quite sure what to think yet....
Yes, drove it all over the country. From Florida to Vegas and back many times. I put a chip in it and it ran perfect, never had a problem. 03 4x4 short bed

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.