Dodge Neon 5-channel amp - SQ and efficient

Participant count
  • Participant list

Gary S
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Hi guys,

I've been out of car audio for awhile. I have a 2002 Dodge neon and I'm going to put high end, new (old school) PPI DCX 525S comps in the doors, subs in the trunk, and I have a Sony DVD player with Dolby surround. I'll add surround sound rear deck speakers at a later date.

I want to buy an amp.... This is a Dodge neon so it's a little compact car.... the battery is really small, it looks like the battery wires are only 8 gauge, lol

I just want a sound quality system, not interested in turning heads outside the car.... I'm thinking a 5-channel full class D amp for efficiency, around 700 to 900 watts total rated RMS.... Is this car/battery going to be enough for one moderate/small amp like that? I have 4-guage wire I can run to the battery.

I'm thinking full class D?

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335951755&icep_item=393139334694
I myself was thinking about trying one of these out,. But I ended up getting my PPI Phantom 5 ch. out of the box. Specs look good, and look like plenty of setting adjustments for tuning, and a space saver also. it prob wouldnt hurt to try and get the Big 3 done and look at a pretty decent AGM under the hood for future power needs. I had a Honda CRV with a 90 amp alt. and ended up running 2 Good sized AGM batts( 1 under the hood and one in the rear) and did the Big 3 and seemed to have had plenty of supply for the demand. Ran 2 ga

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.