Door speakers for 95 mazda protege

Participant count
  • Participant list
are you sure they're round 6.5s? or are they 5X7 in ovals? if it's anything like the 626, you have to unscrew the two screws that hold the plastic side pocket thing on. then there is a metal bar that is screwed on from the back. this is a pain in the but. i didn't reattach when i was done, due to the difficulty, and it turned out fine. then, you should be able to pull back the grill enough to access the speakers. you may be able to unsnap the side of the door closest to the engine bay to make it easier. if it's different, this info is useless.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

no im not positive that they are 6.5s but thats what crutchfeld told me. There is a screw in a pocket and anotehr on the door release pully thing and then the side closest to the engine is snaps but it doesnt open wide enough for me to access the speaker. Where was that bar thing at? and how did you get it off?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.