Drill a whole in my engine bay for Amp power?

dakayus
10+ year member

LA
Hi guys I have an 02 altima and since I don't have a jack, I figured I can just drill a hole to the side of the steering column through the engine bay. Is there anything between the two firewalls other than a bit of steel? I'd rather not later find out it's something really important.

a pretty simple way of finding a decent route is to locate the Hood latch cable. it won't leave from the firewall but the side wall behind the fender(mine did). you may have to remove a few interior panels and the wheel well splash guard to gain access. you'll have to drill a hole in order to run your wire through, don't run your wire with the hood latch wire in the same hole. just drill next to it.

i did look on the altima forums. All of them require a pretty length process to get everything off, but they don't drill holes or if they do, they do it right next to the one that they'd use to put it through anyways. Thanks guys. Time to go experiment with my car now lol.

lol sorry manual transmission here. uhhg i think i'm just going to drill and pray i don't hit anything

Start out with a small drill and go through for the interior side and see where it ends up. Then if you're cool drill out to the proper size. Added a few holes to my 2k Alty with no problems...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.