DSP talk

Someone could easily write a small book on the topic, but really if you're just looking into incorporating a DSP into your current setup Jeff wrote a decent starting point. You can come back with more specific questions that make it easier for people to answer than trying to cover "all the things" in one go. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif
Alpine did, and they call it the Owner's Manual for my PXA-H800 DSP!

John Kuthe...

...I'm playing with Helix DSP software since yesterday and it's pretty easy to use. Is Helix a good choice ? Is there any other better than that but still in that price range. I'm not ready to pay like 2000$ for a processor

I paid like $700 for my Alpine PXA-H800, one of the most expensive DSPs on the consumer market, and it's a PITA!! Just took it to Custom Sounds, South County STL MO yesterday, and the DSP "expert" in the shop "Tim" at least got my 6x9's talking but at very low volume levels. Nothing out of my 5.25"ers or the subwoofer which I didn't actually check. I'm gonna take Baby II back in next week so Tim can work on it more. Seems to have a cutting out problem at least at higher volume levels when running the system without the car running which Tim demonstrated for me in the shop (engine not running) but when I drove Baby II home the audio system did not cut out. Probably a problem with the gains or other HU or amp settings, I'd think.

John Kuthe...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.