Dunno which amp to use on 15 alpine type-r, high watt crap, or low watt name brand

Participant count
  • Participant list

drin

I got a power acoustik 340 watt 2-ohm stable amp that i bought for my 2 eights. Then i got this 15" alpine type r, but the guy sold me this boss diablo 2000 watt amp, its not name brand but its ok. One day i wired the alpine to the boss amp in 2 ohm, cuz i got the dvc 4-ohm version. And man, it sounded really good, BUT this boss amp isn't 2-ohm stable so it would cut out. Im sitting here, i feel i should just keep it hooked up to that boss amp in 8 ohm mode, but do you think that i might have better quality sound if i just hook up my alpine to the power acoustik amp in 2 ohm mode???? I mean yeah the power acoustik is 340 max, but i feel it might have close to the same loudness since i got it at 700 watts now on the boss amp, but seeing as if i have it hooked up to a 2-ohm stable amp in 2-ohm mode, it may sound really good, better then i think. Which leads me to post this here since i know alot of you have heard many different setups, i have myself but this is a situation i haven't been in. I just dont want to go through the hassle of disconnecting my 2 eights, the farad cap and stuff to find out that it doesn't sound nearly as good. I love quality of sound, but same time the loudness, but if i could hook up the power acoustik amp to the alpine in 2-ohm mode, and get something close to it being in 8-ohm mode on 700 watts, then ima do it. Whats your input thanx for any feedback.

ive also considered maybe selling this 2000 watt amp to buy another amp with the money i get that is 2-ohm stable and is almost up to its rms cuz i know i wont get a nice 2-ohm stable amp that can put out at least 750watt rms for the money id get for the 2000, im not worried bout having something thats pushing my speaker to the fullest UNLESS i can with money i could get selling this amp. Im tight on money so ya know im lookin out for best interest money wise. What do you guys think about that idea??

boss ***** and doesnt put out rated power.

sell both of your amp and your cap and buy a decent amp.

IMO it your best option

Of and sell your 8's as well.

lookin at the box for the amp, it says nothing anywhere about 2-ohm stable, like i said though i hooked my sub to a 2-ohm mode and it was cutting out. I connected amp to positive terminal, connect that positive to other positive, then hooked up the negative on opposite side of positive to amp and to the other negative terminal aswell.

yep, 1000.2. both are 4 gauge. Ive had them from my previous system which was a 1000 watt amp. Which you saying that leads me onto a question, what does happen if u over power your wiring?? Will they just fry or will your sub just sound like crap, will it cut out??? ANYWAYS i have the gain set to about 700 watts on the amp, but seeing as i know its off brand its not accurate so would you say its safe to just put it to half way and assume its doing around 600 rms or so???

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.