DVD HU Flip-Out with 3 preouts, and HD Video Input, Full XO Settings?

Relax
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
MN
Hello all,

Need help finding a good quality DVD Head Unit.

I would like to do a fully active 3 way front stage with rear fill. That means Tweeters, Mids, and Woofers up front, components in the rear. Also looking to input some sort of HD video source- either HDMI, Component Video, etc. (hopefully an XBOX 360)

I really desire an all in one unit with some very nice XO settings. (Frequency, Slope, HP, LP and BP)

I believe I am looking for a unit that has the following features:

Single DIN Flip Out

3 Low Level Outputs (Front, Rear and Sub)

Variable XO for each output

HDMI or Component Video Input

Decent Screen (7" or more)

EQ if possible

Looking for any and all suggestions!

Thanks a bunch everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually finally found a Crossover with a 5khz LPF, so I only need 3 preouts now. I am going to try to edit the original post. I don't really need the additional XO settings either anymore.

Clarion has one. VZ400 or something.

Although, the GUI has gotten some pretty poor reviews.

Edit: Didn't read the HD input. Don't know what that is?

I was trying to find a unit that allows like a VGA or HDMI input. I think I've looked at about 100 different flip outs at this point- and its not a feature that exists yet.

I don't like the Clarion units for the fact they look kind of lame when closed and have few if any controls when closed also.

The Eonon brand I have read some mixed reviews about, however they seem to be pretty feature loaded and d@mn cheap. I really like that their models have a small lcd display when closed and the basic buttons are still usable. Basically, the screen can be put away and the unit still functions like a normal basic head unit.

I am very much still on the fence, but may try one of those units out...

You pay for what you get, keep that in mind about Eonon. So you're also worried about looks over performance???? Clarion it top quality in my book. A HU doesn't exist yet that has and HD/VGA input. Sony displayed a Bluray player HU, but no notes as to whether or not it has an HD input or if the unit will even see production. Also, I have yet to find a DVD/NAV HU that has a 3-way xover. I was looking for one too but I just used an amp that had a very flexible xover on it that allowed me to run active.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.