dynamat increased tire noise???

Participant count
  • Participant list

jedge1.8t

Hi, I just got done doing a soundproof attempt ot my audi TT. Its not completely finished yet but heres a few pics at the bottom.

I used fatmat which is cheaper to dynamat, I doubled layered it all over the car and it significantly reduced the vibrations. on top the fat mat i layered everywhere with dynaliner or carpet padding to deaden the sound.

I also, which Im starting to regret dearly stuffed all the internal body frames with carpet padding then sprayed great stuff all inside to to adhesive it to feel solid rather than hollow echo vibration.

SO far, maybe being that I put my panels back on poorly, the car actually has gotten worse!

now the road noise is like a VW...

The big issue I have is my car sounds like it has cheap crappy rims on it, but there the stocks and before i never had this issue. it mainly sounds like its from the rear. maybe i have to ride in other cars but it bugs the crap out of me all this time was spent and i feel it sounds worse...

anyideas to rid this?

Audi uses deadening materials for there luxury as compared to VWs, the car already had panel butyl and light fabric on the panel walls. but only a little bit.

Today i made sure tires had good pressure, no change

the noise is most noticeable about 10 - 30 mph, then it dissipates to normal riding sound. I will try to remove the foam i put in the frames rear for i believe that eliminated the resonation for the low speed road noises.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.