ebay buyer ripping me off: need advice bad

Do you have pictures or videos of the serial numbers? If so ask for a picture of the broken pieces and the serial number in the same picture to prove its the piece you shipped.
I dont have the serial numbers

Thank im goin to need it. Im thinking about escalating the issue as long as i get my product bak if i lose

Unfortunately you are a bit boned; eBay isn't super friendly for sellers anymore - they're beginning to move back towards the middle ground, but right now it is still (IMO) unfairly skewed towards the buyer.

Did he actually open an eBay protection case? If so one of the options you can choose is is "Offer a full refund, customer must return the item" that will require them to return the product to you and provide tracking to eBay to prove that it has been sent.

Being that eBay is kind of our thing if you'd like to PM me I'll see what advice I can offer you.

Unfortunately you are a bit boned; eBay isn't super friendly for sellers anymore - they're beginning to move back towards the middle ground, but right now it is still (IMO) unfairly skewed towards the buyer.
Did he actually open an eBay protection case? If so one of the options you can choose is is "Offer a full refund, customer must return the item" that will require them to return the product to you and provide tracking to eBay to prove that it has been sent.

Being that eBay is kind of our thing if you'd like to PM me I'll see what advice I can offer you.
Thank you i appreciate it. Ill send you a pm now

Unfortunately there's nothing you can do eBay is so pro buyer you can return a item for any reason I personally know a guy who would buy blown amps off Craigslist then buy the same amp on ebay and send them back as non working he got a refund every time

After seeing your post I did the following on a sale of $400 Graphics Card on Ebay.

Upon it's sale, I took a new picture of the serial number and attached it to a msg to the buyer that this was the exact item he was going to receive.

Sadly, most of us want to trust others but not everyone is trustworthy.

Therefore we must treat everyone as the least common denominator, in this case untrustworthy.

And suspect to bad businesses practices / fraud.

Safest maybe for any online sale is taking pictures at the time of packaging and then sending to the buyer before shipment may be as good a protection one can get in disputes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I make tester vids and pics before i ship even on forums let alone ebay and i keep all of them as backup on my computer, never know when your gonna get boned wheter your selling or buying. Hope you get this sorted out.

lets see the pics u posted on eBay
IMG_20131112_112624_zps5fda89c1.jpg

CAM00129_zps7f9bfdfd.jpg

CAM00127_zps96516fa8.jpg

CAM00125_zpsfec298b5.jpg

CAM00124_zps14882a33.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.