Elemental Designs 13Av.2? Any Good?

^ lmao at the 13av.2 being more spl. just cause its big doesnt mean its only spl. the 13av.2 is a super sq sub.

its a bad ass sub, but if your into SQ, check out the incriminator audio flatlyne, its another sleeper sq sub.

I had a 13Ov.2 and it was a very nice woofer. Although I think the Av.2 is more SPL than SQ
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif:laugh://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

That is all.

JL audio was not happy when ED released this sub.
To the OP - Is your car walled off or half wall??
Yes, this is the sub eD originally marketed as the 'W7 killer', until it was found that eD actually 'borrowed' 2 or 3 patented technologies/techniques from the very sub it was suppose to be superior to, leading eD to alter the design (including the entire frame) after JL's lawyers got involved.
Ive been told the build quality on these subs leaves something to be desired. But Im a notorious eD hater due to their shitty business practices, so take that as you will.

I agree with their business practices, ben in particular has had me against ED products for a long time, but my brother got a 13av.2 and has it ported and tuned down to 31hz, and i must say that it is a low end MONSTER than blends very well with the front stage. Only thing I will say is that wou better have decent mid bass ass the output drops dramatically above 60 hz or so. Although I dont like ED its a great woofer, and i would put more than 1200 watts to a single woofer. The 1500 rating they have listed is inaccurate. (They seem to have a tendency of inflating the power handling on their speakers)

I agree with their business practices, ben in particular has had me against ED products for a long time, but my brother got a 13av.2 and has it ported and tuned down to 31hz, and i must say that it is a low end MONSTER than blends very well with the front stage. Only thing I will say is that wou better have decent mid bass ass the output drops dramatically above 60 hz or so. Although I dont like ED its a great woofer, and i would put more than 1200 watts to a single woofer. The 1500 rating they have listed is inaccurate. (They seem to have a tendency of inflating the power handling on their speakers)
Not to be contrary, but why do you say it blends well and at the same time comment about lack of midbass?
For the record, many of today's high excursion subs tend to lack output above 60hz, and really need a significant midbass setup to transition between subbass and the midrange.

And Oh yeah I agree, Ben is a douchebag. (I just had to)

Well my speakers play well below 60 hz without problems so I have them crossed low and it blends well with them, just as my brother does. Some people have speakers that dont play that low were in that case it would not be the woofer for them as they look for the subwoofer to handle some of the midbass frequencies, as its true Subwoofer, plays all the low notes well and blends well up to that point(60hz). By no means is it on par with the likes of the Mag v4 or the Diyma r12 in terms of playing flat up to 100hz, but if you need the extra authority below 60 hz then this is a good choice

Not to be contrary, but why do you say it blends well and at the same time comment about lack of midbass?
For the record, many of today's high excursion subs tend to lack output above 60hz, and really need a significant midbass setup to transition between subbass and the midrange.

And Oh yeah I agree, Ben is a douchebag. (I just had to)
I also agree about most of todays high excursion woofers lacking the output above 60hz. I've never had that issue with my comps being what they are and the fact that my 6X9's have plenty of midbass, its never been an issue.

I have no problem being below 60hz, that is way to high anyway in my opinion for bass, and people that burp around or above 60hz are kweah.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.