Enclosure build for Angryoscar

Nice looking work but did you ever answer the buyer's question about the unfinished wood behind the lexan?
he said the lexan would wrap around, but by he recent pic it doesnt look like it. I hope it does bc it would be a p.i.t.a. to take the lexan off and have to paint it.

Twisted did you fix it?

this is what you do.. Cut the lexan to size.. Screw it in place into the unpainted/carpeted wood.. Make a beauty panel that covers the whole middle of the box between the ports.. since you used such dark carpet you can get the black screws and put on in each corner and be done with it..

either way you will either see... Lexan with screws in it.. or dark carpet with it in it.. use thin wood 1/2" or less for the beauty panel

this is what you do.. Cut the lexan to size.. Screw it in place into the unpainted/carpeted wood.. Make a beauty panel that covers the whole middle of the box between the ports.. since you used such dark carpet you can get the black screws and put on in each corner and be done with it..
either way you will either see... Lexan with screws in it.. or dark carpet with it in it.. use thin wood 1/2" or less for the beauty panel
I see what your saying, twisted said its covered... I trust him. Waiting on tracking number now

Any updates?
Yes I just got it today. Box is very nice. FED-EX damaged it a little. There is a crack and a few chips but it shouldn't effect the sound (hopefully) I already contacted Twisted about the damage...**** happens (a lot to me)

I'll post pics of the completed build once I get the sub in.

Yes I just got it today. Box is very nice. FED-EX damaged it a little. There is a crack and a few chips but it shouldn't effect the sound (hopefully) I already contacted Twisted about the damage...**** happens (a lot to me)
I'll post pics of the completed build once I get the sub in.
Well tomorrow, "sound=vibration" & I will be working on mine in the after noon if you wanna bring it by.

Here is one pic. It fits the car perfect...(notice the crack on left port and chip on right)

Damage is Fed-Ex's fault not Twisteds just to make that clear.

p2190005ve3.jpg

I'll post more later, probably after the weekend.

Well tomorrow, "sound=vibration" & I will be working on mine in the after noon if you wanna bring it by.
I don't get off work until 6pm, would sat work better for you? I want to knock this out in 1 day. Do you think the crack will severely weaken the box?

see you soon

AngryOscar, what I'd do if I were you, I'd go to the hardware store, get some wood filler, and glob it on. Then sand it down nice and smooth. Do that for the inside, too. Then re-paint it. That way it won't turbulate the air, and it will be stronger (structurally speaking).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Twisted_0912

10+ year member
Twisted_0912
NE ohio
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from