Enclosure Build for skmfkr

Mike465
10+ year member

Ami Creations
Kennesaw, GA
All right everyone,

This build is for skmfkr's single RD Audio Heavy Weight 15. Box will be 3.807 cubic feet after all displacement and using 3-4" areo ports tuned to 35Hz. He will also be using a second set of areos to chang the tuning to 43Hz

Here is the design.

RD_HW_Box_9.jpg

RD_HW_Box_8.jpg

RD_HW_Box_10.jpg

Build starts shortly...............Pics coming soon........................

look god so far mike loved the recessed cut you did with the router thats something new, interested in aero's myself but he could just ad one more aero to the box to prolly bump the tuning up to 44or 46 i think. cause i am doing the same to my box now to see what scores i can get out of it. can't wait till the finish product. make sure a vid is posted too.

2 ports = 34-36hz 3 ports = 42-44hz, i have a 4" port plug. im not using diff ports, lowest i could tune with 3 aeros would be like 37hz at 17" but at that legnth that wouldnt be 4" from the bottom of the box

look god so far mike loved the recessed cut you did with the router thats something new, interested in aero's myself but he could just ad one more aero to the box to prolly bump the tuning up to 44or 46 i think. cause i am doing the same to my box now to see what scores i can get out of it. can't wait till the finish product. make sure a vid is posted too.
Yes, it is worth it, makes everthing line up better and makes for a stronger joint.

Nice on the router cuts what size bit did you use and how deep? Bet them joints wont go no where now. Nice job.
Haha, yeah had to use a rubber malot just to get them in. I use a 3/4" straight cut bit and set my roughter to plundge in 3/8" basicly half-way through thw wood

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Mike465

10+ year member
Ami Creations
Mike465
Kennesaw, GA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date