Engine whine and ground loop fixes... take two

I think the Pioneers have an internal fuse that grounds the RCAs. They blow very easy. If you unplug the RCA while powered, etc.

The adapter I made above fixed it 100%. I have sent them to two other people and it fixed their Z1 and Z2 problems.

is there a way to check and see if the internal fuses for the rcas are blown or not? i think i have that problem with my pioneer as i get no sound, and i know everything else is working well

Mine weren't blown and I still had the whine. You can test it with a DMM if you want - take the unit apart and locate the little fuse. It is probably just easier to ground it like the pictures and see if you get sound.

wow i am soo angry that all this time i had this whining problem and the fix would be this easy...THANKS A MILLION FOR THE INFO...even with Zapco amps and symbilink cable (supposed to give no alternator noise) i still had whine from this simple RCA messup....i have the 6900 UB from pioneer and will share this info to anyone else who has this problem.

Had a horribly loud whining noise from my amped speakers up front after installing a kinetik battery in the trunk. Asked on here about a fix for that and ended up grounding my RCAs on the HU ( I have a pioneer) and it worked like a charm. Good stuff.

i have yet to try these methods as i am at work but i will attempt this when i get home.

just a quick layout of my problem:

I hooked up a 400watt jenson and when i turn my stereo on, it's perfectly fine. no noise or anything. when i "START" my car, the noise comes on the second my stereo kicks in. i thought it was the sub that i hooked up so i unhooked it and nothing happened. i have my remote, speakers, and rca's going through my center consol along my stick and e-brake (my car is a 97 tiburon 1.8l 5-speed) and under bout 1 ft of carpet to my trunk and i have my power cable running along my passenger door. my ground cable has an excellent connection.

can anyone give a suggestion on this?

Does someone have inside pictures of 5900IB? I'd like to have them so I could replace the blown fuses in my HU. Size of the fuse would be nice too.
I have opened up my DEH-P5900iB headunit, but am unable to locate even a single fuse... I cannot find any tags labeled with FU-???

I am lost, I would be able to fix this headunit if only I knew where the dang fuse was... any help on this model would be appreciated

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...