Enough port volume?

Participant count
  • Participant list

My63bug

Senior VIP Member
Screenshot_20170701-070909_zpsfwnzlhqi.png'%20alt='Screenshot_20170701-070909_zpsfwnzlhqi.png'>%7D

well u would really want 60-70sqin but let them check it for port noise at 38sq in idk..
Fudge. So how are you coming up with that figure. And what figures are you seeing above that determine how much Port volume I need is it a certain percentage of the Box volume?.

how your box looks like (white) and a flat modeled box if you want a lot of deep low end.(yellow)

USDsTK.jpg

This is your 7" port with both the subs 1500 rms total and the next is the same but with an 8 inch port. You want the figures to be under 30 meters per second and if you add more power, your 7 inch is well over 50 meters per second meaning, you dont have anywhere close to enough port area with a 7. SSA subs love their port area from my personal experience with a Zcon. The 8 inch might work if its an aeroport. At 2000 watts clamped you are right around 30 meters per second.

aTwZtd.jpg

Fudge. So how are you coming up with that figure. And what figures are you seeing above that determine how much Port volume I need is it a certain percentage of the Box volume?.
input power and air velocity. You need the air velocity to be low enough to avoid compression and port noise which both will increase when you add more power. More power = more port area needed.

these guys want 14in port per cf so 5x14 =70sq in, some will accept 12sq in port per cf +60sq in.. my 12 box is 1.6 cf ad about 2 cf total and i have almost 19sq in and they say mine is to small so x2 it would be 3.2cf x2 port 38 which is what u have but your overall box size is about 3x what mine is so even being off a little like mine would be 57sq in, that said most peeps think round port can be smaller than slot port but i'd listen to jeff..

Well that means I'm going to have to spend a hundred bucks on the elbow for this 8 inch port. Yes it is in aeroport with a mega 13-inch flare on the inside. My plan is to add a second alternator. And adding and identical amp doubling my power

Hoping with box rise. I can clamp at 2400 Watts total

Well that means I'm going to have to spend a hundred bucks on the elbow for this 8 inch port. Yes it is in aeroport with a mega 13-inch flare on the inside. My plan is to add a second alternator. And adding and identical amp doubling my power
Hoping with box rise. I can clamp at 2400 Watts total
wow they cost that much ridiculous..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.