Entry level subwoofers

Jay408

View attachment 26545992View attachment 26545992Hi, I am new to this site. I wanted to find out what is the best bang for the buck entry level subwoofers. Looking for two 10" or two 12" subs for $250. I listen to Hip hop, EDM, and R&B. I am looking for subwoofers with the best bass for the price of $250. I have a 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe with stock speakers and deck. Would I need to buy a new stereo and speakers?

Bass Packages at Crutchfield.com

I was looking for cheap subs and found these(the top subs). I was wondering if they are any good and are they good for the music I listen to?

Honestly it will be a bit difficult to hook up an amp and get your subs to sound decent without installing a new deck. If I were in your situation, I would find a decent cheap deck, a wiring harness, and a dash kit, all of which should be under 80 bucks from somewhere like Sonicelectronix.com

if you have the preminum monsoon audio, it might be best to keep your stock speakers, otherwise you could run some aftermarket off the deck's built in amp

as for the best bang for your buck here are my reccomendation's

1 - 12"

either

Pioneer TS-W3002D2 (TSW3002D2) 12" Dual 2 ohm Champion PRO Sub

which is my favorite budget sub

or

SSA Shop - Sundown Audio E8 sub woofer

for a better quality sound

you could put both subs in this box

Ground Shaker GSP 1 12 (GSP112) 12" Single Ported Enclosure

if you have your heart set on 2 subs

2 of these should do the trick

HDS210

in this box

Ground Shaker GSP 2 10 Dual 10" Ported/Vented Subwoofer Enclosure

and to for the power to run anything that I just recommended

Hifonics ZRX1200.1D 1200W Max Class D Monoblock Zeus Series Amp

that amp should have you covered, you

Honestly it will be a bit difficult to hook up an amp and get your subs to sound decent without installing a new deck. If I were in your situation, I would find a decent cheap deck, a wiring harness, and a dash kit, all of which should be under 80 bucks from somewhere like Sonicelectronix.comif you have the preminum monsoon audio, it might be best to keep your stock speakers, otherwise you could run some aftermarket off the deck's built in amp

as for the best bang for your buck here are my reccomendation's

1 - 12"

either

Pioneer TS-W3002D2 (TSW3002D2) 12" Dual 2 ohm Champion PRO Sub

which is my favorite budget sub

or

SSA Shop - Sundown Audio E8 sub woofer

for a better quality sound

you could put both subs in this box

Ground Shaker GSP 1 12 (GSP112) 12" Single Ported Enclosure

if you have your heart set on 2 subs

2 of these should do the trick

HDS210

in this box

Ground Shaker GSP 2 10 Dual 10" Ported/Vented Subwoofer Enclosure

and to for the power to run anything that I just recommended

Hifonics ZRX1200.1D 1200W Max Class D Monoblock Zeus Series Amp

that amp should have you covered, you
Nononononono, you got it all wrong dude. OP, do NOT get a prefab box whatever you do. Either get the soundqubed sub mentioned by macsdad or an XFL, they can be had for cheap used and are darn good woofers for the price. I would be willing to sell you an extra XFL I have and my amp, a Hifonics BFX1600.1D for $250+shipping.

I recommended prefab because not everyone has the aptitude to build an enclosure, or the money to have one shipped, granted that there is noone in your area who offers box building, but yes OP avoid prefabricated Subwoofer boxes if you can, you get a much better result out of custom made enclosures, but if you don't have a choice, the ones I recommended will do, but you will be missing out

and jrdn's deal sounds pretty sweet, that stuff will bang

I recommended prefab because not everyone has the aptitude to build an enclosure, or the money to have one shipped, granted that there is noone in your area who offers box building, but yes OP avoid prefabricated Subwoofer boxes if you can, you get a much better result out of custom made enclosures, but if you don't have a choice, the ones I recommended will do, but you will be missing out
and jrdn's deal sounds pretty sweet, that stuff will bang
There are vendors around building and shipping boxes for almost the same $ ... Fuckk prefabs

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.