envoy build - ssa 10" gcon

Looking good! Are you sure you want to do the whole front out of glass? Would be much easier (and look better IMO ) with a flat front, nice radius end edges, recessed sub and trim panel. Speaker ring blob boxes are everywhere.

Yeah its not a monster install and my model has just springs in the back no bags(not yet at least lol)
If it does sag, you can use tahoe springs in the rear to level it out. Alot of us GMT guys use them for about a 2 inch lift in the back. If you're going to lower it, KBEE Coilovers are the way to go on our cars, but you're going to need modified upper A-arms and probably an adjustable panhard bar. Tony as TBSSowners is the guru on the suspension of these cars, so if you plan on doing anything crazy, I suggest talking to him first. If you're doing bags, you'll need to cut a channel for the axle to fit into when lowered. At about a 3-5 inch drop, you'll smack axle if you don't.

SIDE NOTE:

I saw in your signature that you're using the stock alternator. On GMT360's, they are good for 150amps. I've been told not to exceed 2000 watts without upgrading, so I'd look into a new one, or dual mounting and rerunning a new belt. Make sure the alt spins in the right direction though.

If you knew this already, I guess just ignore me.

beau m..... yrs I'm sure I want to do a glass front. I'm a glass junky. I'm going to round the edges n the speaker ring will come flush with the edge of the base. I plan on painting this box.

skoot.... yeah Idt I will get sagging n Ive been reading up on bagging the truck n plan on laying the truck out on 22s. I know it will required quite a bit of modding to do so which is y it most likely end up at a shop to do so. as far as the alt I didn't know the stock rating. still learning. I'm only be running 1300w rms for right now

beau m..... yrs I'm sure I want to do a glass front. I'm a glass junky. I'm going to round the edges n the speaker ring will come flush with the edge of the base. I plan on painting this box.

skoot.... yeah Idt I will get sagging n Ive been reading up on bagging the truck n plan on laying the truck out on 22s. I know it will required quite a bit of modding to do so which is y it most likely end up at a shop to do so. as far as the alt I didn't know the stock rating. still learning. I'm only be running 1300w rms for right now
If you have any questions about these trucks, let me know and I'll do my best to help you out. I had a Bravada for 6 years, and now I've gone to the Rainier, so I've well educated myself in the GMT360's wiring, body, and drivetrain. Good luck with the build! Looks like it's gonna be awesome!

If you have any questions about these trucks, let me know and I'll do my best to help you out. I had a Bravada for 6 years, and now I've gone to the Rainier, so I've well educated myself in the GMT360's wiring, body, and drivetrain. Good luck with the build! Looks like it's gonna be awesome!
Thanks....be a slow build for the truck while my wife finishes out her last year of school then its game on for the bag job. I need to sign up on the gmtnations website

ok so i attempted a speaker ring..... keep in mind i didnt have a jasper circle jig(definitely going to buy) but did make a make-shift one to do this one. i made the ring out of 1/2" mdf reason its not sitting "flush"

anyways enjoy the pics

sorry for the dusty pics but man does the router make alot of saw dust lol. it has a port for a shop vac but dont have one of those yet.

also im thinking about making another ring to help with the mounting surface of the sub...give it alittle thickness for the screws to hold onto something...

other than this ring not much more done. need to make a supply run for more brushes which i will do tomorrow or so.

ok so i attempted a speaker ring..... keep in mind i didnt have a jasper circle jig(definitely going to buy) but did make a make-shift one to do this one. i made the ring out of 1/2" mdf reason its not sitting "flush" anyways enjoy the pics

sorry for the dusty pics but man does the router make alot of saw dust lol. it has a port for a shop vac but dont have one of those yet.

also im thinking about making another ring to help with the mounting surface of the sub...give it alittle thickness for the screws to hold onto something...

other than this ring not much more done. need to make a supply run for more brushes which i will do tomorrow or so.
Looking great man!

Yeah definitely make another ring below that one, thats a REALLY small amount of wood to keep the woofer in place. As for bagging a Voy, look at Ridetech (Air ride technologies). They make some killer stuff and reliable. I got a Full FBSS air ride setup with 4 Viair 480's, 8.5 gal tank, 1/2" airlines and 8 1/2" valves. RE6 bags on the rear, air ride technologies Shockwaves single adjustables up front. Dakota Digital 4+1 guage for 4 corners and tank pressure, cant go wrong with that setup.

Yeah definitely make another ring below that one, thats a REALLY small amount of wood to keep the woofer in place. As for bagging a Voy, look at Ridetech (Air ride technologies). They make some killer stuff and reliable. I got a Full FBSS air ride setup with 4 Viair 480's, 8.5 gal tank, 1/2" airlines and 8 1/2" valves. RE6 bags on the rear, air ride technologies Shockwaves single adjustables up front. Dakota Digital 4+1 guage for 4 corners and tank pressure, cant go wrong with that setup.
I use to have ART air bar for my s10 I had. the voy will mostly be custom when bagging since there aren't any "kits" for it. should be a good time n process that I can't wait for

ok well snapped a few photos... like i didnt get where i wanted to this weekend due to "the players" but oh well i got it to the point its ready to be wrapped. also i got my port dilemma figured out....almost thought i wasnt going to beable to run a port but oxsign helped me figure it out. anyways here are the pics.... enjoy

glassed the dowels to the ring.

figuring placement of the port mount...ended up moving it more left

mounted both.....

test fit in the truck...

im going to round the edges of the base so they arent at a point.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.