envoy build - ssa 10" gcon

It is starting to look really good man. I hope it is enough bass for you!
thanks.... im hoping as well. at least for now.

Ah yeah looking better all the time.
thanks.... hopefully i can figure out something for the amp and get this thing rolling after paint is done. still gotta get the deadner installed.

ok well hopefully this update sparks alittle more interest in the build lol

anyways here is the primer sanded ready for paint

1 coat of paint down

3 coats down and now drying/baking in the garage.....probably wont wet sand til Saturday

Hey man, looking good. Just caught back up with your project and I've actually started mine too. How many total layers did you end up with?

Hey man, looking good. Just caught back up with your project and I've actually started mine too. How many total layers did you end up with?
the back wall I had 3-4 layers the face was about 5 layers....can never have too many layers

ok so its not perfect but it works.....

amp idea/location

test fit

just have to get some rca extensions and then mount the sub and it is ready to go.

Idk what you're talking about it looks pretty damn nice to me.

Also if you end up using RCA extensions (which I would advise against) make sure you cover the connection between the two. If the outer metal of the plugs or female/female adapter touch the chassis they can induce noise...ask me how I know //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Idk what you're talking about it looks pretty damn nice to me.
Also if you end up using RCA extensions (which I would advise against) make sure you cover the connection between the two. If the outer metal of the plugs or female/female adapter touch the chassis they can induce noise...ask me how I know //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
its my first paint job using a gun so it was a learning process plus I kinda wish it had more shine but whatcha going to do since it is a single stage urethane.

as far as the extenders, I wish I didn't have to use them but the rcas don't reach my amp.... only need like a foot or so to make them reach...was going to electrical tape the connections to make sure they don't touch anything as well as not come loose by accident lol

Don't be lazy and do it right. Buy some longer rca's and rerun them. You be happier in the long run.

Otherwise, looks pretty good and it looks like it fits good.

Don't be lazy and do it right. Buy some longer rca's and rerun them. You be happier in the long run.
Otherwise, looks pretty good and it looks like it fits good.
My thoughts as well but if it's only for a sub he probably won't notice any difference. I wouldn't do it for mids/highs though...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.