Eq installed and little to no sound from amped speakers.

Participant count
  • Participant list

CarOddYo

Got around to installing my planet audio peq10 today and ran the wires through the truck to complete install. I got everything hooked up, peq10 and amp started up, however there is very little sound. And when using the aux to my iPod or sansa clip, there is almost 0 sound.

Setup:

Ppi 4 ohm tweeters

Dayton 4 ohm 5.25 speakers

Planet audio peq10

Soundstream nano Picasso 320.4

I had the speakers setup to be bridged with my dual 2 ohm sub, so the speakers all get one bridged channel (4x4ohm speakers- 4 ohm load) and the d2 ohm sub bridged at 4 ohm on other channel.

I am using a regular line out converter to send a signal from stock radio, just to use the stock radio interface. The eq had inputs for aux and radio, and outputs for sub, front, and rear. Now I have the front RCA on the front input for amp, and sub output on eq on the rear output for the amp. I was testing the rear amp speaker terminals and it appeared they had almost no noise. Switching it around a bit between speaker outputs on the amp I did get some sound but only with the radio. Using MP3 player didn't seem to work at all.

Anyone have any suggestions to try?

Yes, I played with the knob. Turned it all the way up, also turned the gains up on the amp as well

Also turned volume on MP3 player all the way up, pretty confused. Only thing I can think of is that the sub outputs from the eq not sending enough volts? Really have no idea.

Line out converters sometimes have a gain knob. If they do it can send a really strong signal to your amps. That eq may not have a very strong output. Readjust your amplifier gains with the eq volume knob maxed out. It's a 20 dollar eq so I personally would be a little skeptical of it.

Bypassing as in just using the loc RCA signal directly to the amp?
I would take the eq out man. They just aren't worth the hassle. They help to send clipped signals to the amp. And yes, run the RCA directly to the amp instead. That loc should be set to 80-85% of max also.

I'm not opposed to that, problem is right now if I took it out, I would have to use 2 loc's to hook up my amp. I really wanted to avoid a aftermarket headunit.
Just try it and see if you get the volume back. Replace the loc with an lc6i so you can restore the bass you lose with a factory hu.

Interesting. So how would I be able to get an aux plug in there without the eq? Is there a loc with speaker lever inputs and a RCA level input that I can use with my 3.5 to RCA adapter?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.