Equipment for 6-speaker system

Participant count
  • Participant list

msiemers

I have a 1987 Thunderbird with the original speakers in it. The wiring is all messed up and a couple of the speakers are blown. I'm planning to get an entire new system

(new head unit, new amp(s), two 6x9's, two 5-in, two 3&1/2-in, and a bazooka tube). I'm gonna get it professionally installed because I tried putting in the bazooka tube, only to find out that t-birds are too complicated for me to put the time into.

What I need to know is what equipment do I need to buy. Six channel amps are few and far between, and I want to avoid those. Can I just get a 4-channel head unit and hook it up to one 4-channel amp (for the in-dash and door speakers), one 2-channel amp (for the 6x9's), then hook up the bazooka tube to the head unit? (The Bazooka tube is self-amplified)

Anyone that can e-mail me any info or advice, maybe a website that I could go look at I would really appreciate it.

Mark

mark- you will need a head unit with 3preouts

front,rear,sub (alpine,kenwood,blaupunkt,etc)

one 4channel amp at lease 50x4 into 4ohm stereo

(kicker,rockfordfosgate,precision power,etc)

one 2channel amp at lease 150x2 into 4ohm stereo

(kicker,rockfordfosgate,precision power,etc)

use the front output from the head unit for the

4channel amp to power the 5" and the 3"

use the rear output from the head unit for the

2channel amp to power the 6x9 if you decied to

upgrade to 10 or 12 inch sub you will have the

power with the 2channel amp.

use the sub output from the head unit for the

bazooka base tube try looking for amps with built in crossover.the cost and brand is up to you

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.