Escape to Bass - Build

Moving along. I mounted the Soundstream and fed it some power, ground and remote signals. Mounted all 3 Knukonceptz power distribution blocks, one of which is used for grounds and is using solid buss bars instead of mini anl fuses. The large block is fused via 2 -100a mini anl fuses (200a) and the small block is fused as well but with an 80a (Soundstream) and a 150a (Rockford Fosgate Prime). Under the hood is a 300a circuit breaker. Cables are a mess but there is no noise. I am just waiting for my speaker wire from sky high then I will run those and the RCA's. Should be loud and clear. Then I get the Wavecor speakers, then we are probably going 3-way up front.

20211002-104609.jpg

20211002-112731.jpg

20211002-113020.jpg

Is that a brace or a center divider in that port?

You're comparing an amp to an equalizer?

Do you have personal experience with them or are you just hating to hate? I happily spend a few bucks to save some hassle. I've never had a problem with Alpine products. I'm happy with the sound, and it's plenty of power to hang with my 5kw of subs.
I believe you compared the inline amplifiers to my suggestion of using a Preamp EQ to tune any song on the fly. And Yes I have personal experience with that Clarion Peamp EQ, and its a great unit for the Price. I also use My Kicker KQ9 ( eqs and an Earthquake from time to time. But Its an excellent piece to add to the source to tune at your finger tips rather than going through and making settings through the deck

Last edited:
You're comparing an amp to an equalizer?

Do you have personal experience with them or are you just hating to hate? I happily spend a few bucks to save some hassle. I've never had a problem with Alpine products. I'm happy with the sound, and it's plenty of power to hang with my 5kw of subs.
Alpine has been around for years and make a hell of an amplifier. My first Bnew Alpine was a 3525 back in 91 and I had it hooked up to 4- Kicker StillWater 10s in a single cab Toyota behind my seats and it would pound your chest pretty hard and make your eyes rattle a little. Had some air to get to it and I still have that amplifier today and still works excellent. I can see these little in-line amps on tweeters for my install, but seem a little pricey for the wattage as you could find a 2/4 ch with head room for the money

Ya man.. HU power generally No Bueno.. I amplify all my speakers. In -Dash Pre-amp EQ helps and works very nicely to tune any song on the fly after amp settings
This prompted my powerpak and rofo suggestion response. I was agreeing with you about amplifying speakers. You made two separate statements, and I addressed speaker amps. You replied saying that an amp isn't an equalizer.

Just depends on the sub. Some subs like smaller port area, especially lower powered subs. A lot of subs will work with smaller port area than people think, sometimes very substantially. That port does appear to be decently long. I genuinely don't understand port splitters like this one, unless it's to brace the back wall, but I think there would be a better way to do that. Each port is only 1.375" wide, if that divider is .75" thick. I'd rather have a single 2.75" wide opening, and less drag without that extra wall, but it's probably not going to change the sound a ton. I've had prefabs peak louder than boxes I built to replace prefabs, but those boxes wouldn't play below like 35ish hz, at all.

You could take a prefab and just throw it inside of a larger built box to make a series 6th order, lol. That would really help the high tuning issue that many prefabs have. In all reality, right now there are probably more really good prefabs than ever. BUT, it's not really a box for you. It's just a box for your sub, assuming that it's even made for your sub. Doesn't take into account vehicle environments and isn't made for the music that you listen to. Idk if I couldn't not build custom. Unless I tried to make a bandpass wall with stacks of prefabs inside of the shell :ROFLMAO: 💩

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...