exile xt65 good midbass

shiipseki
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
LA, CA
I got a chance to listen xtec65 and it had good midbass. The doors weren't treated at all and they were powered by the 9831 in a S2k. It will be powered by an amp in the future and i'll let you guys know how it sounds.

I didnt get to listen it for a long time, but it sounded fantastic.

What are your thoughts? Does any one have a set?

Looks like the same mid basket as Cerwin Vega V-Max 65 ... probably made in the same factory. Might be the same cone also. If the crossover is designed well and the tweeter is of the same caliber, I'll bet they sound great.

I ran exile stuff a while back.. Right now I just have some rsds up front, and a cheap amp. Nothing special, I havent ran subs in a couple years. Im into the motor upgrades these days //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The tweeters with the xt65s are some of the most detailed there is for the money. They use the same tweeter with the xp65s. It plays down to 2500hz. They also love plenty of power. The more power you give them the more dynamic they get. I have the xp's in my HHR SQ install. There is also another HHR here that has the xt's. They handle 125 watts rms and love it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.