Expert Enclosure Builders Read This!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Rayo
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Toledo,OH
Hey guys..Building a ported box for my F150 Extended Cab,and was looking for a little advice..Here's a rough sketch..Let me know if you see something that don't make sense, or you don't think is gonna work..Any advice is greatly appreciated..This box is gonna be for a daily groundpounder..Not for all out Spl..I'm only gonna be givin this sub about 1000 watts rms..I have a double baffle on the front of the box..

Thanks guys..

NewBoxDesignNewNew.jpg

you have 2 of the best box designers on ROE already telling you all about this enclosure dude...

they are also both on here as well...

your not gonna get a better answer here than you did there..

make the box 4cf net and tune at 28-30 Hz..

you have 2 of the best box designers on ROE already telling you all about this enclosure dude...
they are also both on here as well...

your not gonna get a better answer here than you did there..

make the box 4cf net and tune at 28-30 Hz..
I wanted other's opinions..Go away..Go get banned or something..

dude you are really thick...

you ask for help then don't like the answer so you go to another forum and get the same exact answer....

might wanna look up at the post after mine... see the name....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif.....

With a box that big and using 1kw you're going to be able to reach mechanical limits before you run out of power. Not to mention that going with a smaller box with the same tuning will give you better cone control. I'd just shrink it down to 4ft^3 and keep the 30hz tuning...maybe shrink down port size a little too, that thing is huge. If you're after a bloated low-end response, then stick with what you have. But personally, for a daily box, I'd go smaller to make it more musical.

I think with a box that big and using 1kw you're going to be able to reach mechanical limits before you run out of power. Not to mention that going with a smaller box with the same tuning will give you better cone control when pushing the sub hard. I'd just shrink it down to 4ft^3 and keep the 30hz tuning...maybe shrink down port size a little too, that thing is huge.
agreed. Please take notes.

With a box that big and using 1kw you're going to be able to reach mechanical limits before you run out of power. Not to mention that going with a smaller box with the same tuning will give you better cone control. I'd just shrink it down to 4ft^3 and keep the 30hz tuning...maybe shrink down port size a little too, that thing is huge. If you're after a bloated low-end response, then stick with what you have. But personally, for a daily box, I'd go smaller to make it more musical.
Thanks..I was trying to make up for my lack of power by going with a slightly larger box..if that makes sense..Besides making this box smaller..Is there a more efficient ported design that will give me the lows I'm after..Without sacrificing db's..

Thanks again RAM_Designs..You actually sound like you know what your talking about..

Thanks..I was trying to make up for my lack of power by going with a slightly larger box..if that makes sense..Besides making this box smaller..Is there a more efficient ported design that will give me the lows I'm after..Without sacrificing db's..
Thanks again RAM_Designs..You actually sound like you know what your talking about..
They're rated at 1kw, and 4ft^3 is right in the range of what they like. It should work out very nice. Like Jake said, 64in^2 of port will work good. You don't want too large of a port(again, cone control issues), and 64in^2 is on the larger end of what's normally acceptable.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.