External Slot Port?

Participant count
  • Participant list

the727kid
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
St. Pete, FL
Can this be done, or is there some rule against it? Been thinking on how I can mange to squeeze enough airspace out of my trunk, and this idea came into my head. Port would start on the side of the box, turn left towards the rear of the car, and then curve again towards the drivers side of the car. The port may end up going infront of the sub, would that be an issue as well?

extport.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

I agree; it doesn't. :) See my comment above on Tuesday at 4:08 pm; in short, I'll use the auxiliary port on the FM transmitter.
Whoa, that will be one skinny port. The width of the back wall ports will be 1.08" wide (27.5mm), but the front port will be shared by 2 subs so...
Yeah, saw that too, was like ??? wtf! They do know there stuff, I usually just roll with it!
You could try to make the port longer, but there might be other reasons with the box won't extend lower, or even the sub. You'd have to reverse...
While that program is pretty neat, it assumes you know the values. I was just recapping the numbers you provided. RS recommends the following...

About this thread

the727kid

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
the727kid
St. Pete, FL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date