F-150 Raptor enclosure

SVTraptor
10+ year member

Does anyone have any experience building a box for an F150 Raptor? I ordered a 2012 supercrew and am looking into how I will approach the box that will go under the seats. I would like to get a ported box but I'm not sure if there is enough room for it. A single 10" or 12" would work.

I don't have any preferences in sub's just yet. I want something that is loud but I want to try to get this with one ported 10" or 12" or maybe two sealed 10"s

Does anyone have any advice they can share? I assume it would be the same for any supercrew F150 2009 and obove. . .

You bought one of those damn things? Lol... Ya they will be the same only thing different from a regular F 150 is some suspension and the body...
You say that like its a bad truck? They are setup to go run in the baja straight off the factory floor. They are actually one of the best trucks on the market next to the Dodge power wagon. I own a 2011 Dodge Power Wagon and have test driven the Raptor, very nice truck. But I like my winch.

I like the fight here, but lets keep it on topic. I've tried to research, but I am very tired. I can get more involved tomorrow. But forums are for asking questions right?

Anyone have any designs for a ported box for a "same only thing different from a regular F 150 is some suspension and the body" F150?

I have not seen the super cabs yet on the raptors. But If you have the space, a transmission line with 2 8"s would work great.
First, I have been out of car audio since my GTO in 2008. I don't even know what a transmission line is. I will have to Google it.

hit up one of the builders on here and give them ur demensions and they will help you out and design u a enclosure.
Second, I do not have the truck and have not been able to find them online. I've been to some Raptor forums and no one has been nice enough to provide me with the dimensions.

I am trying to get something going before the 6-8 weeks the truck gets in. Hence why I am here asking for the advice. Oh and //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Help me out with some ideas for a setup and I'll let ya drive it when I get it :O
Hey now.. Im in Minnesota so I might take you up on that if i see ya!

I love fast trucks.. had a dakota with a 5.9 in it that thing was too fast for how light it was

Anyways, here is my take:

Under the seats of the new f150s there is hardly ANY room for subs. And if you do end up doing it, I doubt you will ever be happy with the output.

My solution? Most people dont like it, but its without a doubt gonna get you the best SQ and SPL.

Get a efficient single 12, in a small ported box. Wire up your amp under the seat out of sight and have the two wires coming up.. Set the box on your rear set man.

You could still fit two people in the back even with the sub on the seat. So realistically, if you ever DO have a crew of 3 people in the back, simply uplug the two wires from the box and lift the little sub out and put it in the bed/garage. Easy. When youre done, pop it back on your seat and plug in two wires.

check out supercrewsound.com. They have pre-fab boxes so you can get an idea on the dimensions that will fit. I would say a pair of tens or a few 8's would be your best option.

And the 6.2L V8?
You can get those in a regular F-150 as well...

You say that like its a bad truck? They are setup to go run in the baja straight off the factory floor. They are actually one of the best trucks on the market next to the Dodge power wagon. I own a 2011 Dodge Power Wagon and have test driven the Raptor, very nice truck. But I like my winch.
I can run my stock Honda in the Baja too lol... It's literally just has some fox racing goodies on it nothing else really amazing... They are awesome don't get me wrong but for the price it's insane cuz you can get the same gear on a regular trucks for less... The Powerwagon isn't even the same type of truck so idk why you would compare them?

I like the fight here, but lets keep it on topic. I've tried to research, bMut I am very tired. I can get more involved tomorrow. But forums are for asking questions right?
Anyone have any designs for a ported box for a "same only thing different from a regular F 150 is some suspension and the body" F150?
No of the builders on hear do anythig with user the seat since there are so many variables... They do make prefab sealed boxes though just have to get the right sub to work well with limited space...

No offense OP they are cool trucks they just don't have much of a purpose to me is all... But hey if you have the money hell ya might as well!

I can tell you that a tline will not be anymore efficient in that space than a sealed enclosure due to loading requirements of a tline. But definitely stick with a single driver for more enclosure room. Best bet, if possible, is to utilize a center console idea or something that will flush the floorboard with only about 5-6 inches up with a downfire idea for a single 10 or dual 8s.

Limiting your potential to that space alone will cause a lot of work and investigating to make sure you get something worth the purchase.

Also, try to utilize a shallow mount design regardless of the difference in power transfer and xmax parameters, because those will be less sensitive in a truck space anyhow to the idea you want to utilize. So, get a shallow driver with around a 10mm xmax and one that allows for a smooth response in a small compression chamber, and load the hell out of it with a port, if used, to make up for low end sensitivity loss. Usually, anything that has an ebp of around 47 will do wonders in that environment, But others if calculated can get surprising results.

Best to have someone model some ideas up with different drivers to see what will work.

P.s. I'm here if you need me so pm me or email me anytime. I offer custom designs and may be able to help get one that will work in that space or offer other options when available.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.