factory alarms or DEI?

Participant count
  • Participant list

peterw244

Hey all I have a question. I currently have a 2002 corolla and was going to get either the Python 460HP or the 881XP from a dealer near me. Now if I was to change my vehicle sometime in the future lets say 3-6years possibly to something more higher end like a H2, Escalade, Mercedes, ect.. I would definetly get an alarm. Now do these higher end vehicles come with or can get a good factory alarm from them with the car or are the products they use shitty?

My main delimma is should i just get the 460 and if i was to get a diff car later it would come with a good alarm anyway or if it doesnt to get an expensive one and later transfer it to the other car? Thanks for any input

-Pete

Most factory alarms are shitty... All they are is a panic button. Most do not sound when a window is broken. They are mainly for peice of mind, but many do have half assed fuel cut off systems.

Get an alarm, they are not too expensive, and you will be happy in the long run.

I got a viper 791 XV car alarm for my 93 Altima and I love it. I didn't much need it then, but now with new stuff being added to my car monthly it is definately a handy item. Also the range is over 2000 feet so if anyone touches your car, you are almost always in distance to know.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.