Fast 4 door cars.... help me out

4440436_2.jpg

4m8hi.jpg

ive spent about 4k i havent ran it but they say low 14 high 13's

14 sec car and fast are not the same thing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
This.

I was going to suggest an ISF, 0-60 in 4.6 and 13 flat average 1/4 mile times with a 12.89 the best that I have seen personally on a stock car.

Only problem is the 20K budget....

Just did some work on a BMW M3 with SMG shift. It was a trade in and had a ton of mods. Iam not a BMW fan but that car was a blast to drive.

4 door 2005 Cavalier with the Ecotech 2.2L.

Add the GM performance blower, cams, intake, exhaust, suspension, and some good dyno tuning and you will

have you a nice daily driver for well under your 20k.

I know a guy that drives a red 4 door that has the above along with a nicely built 2.2 crate motor from GM and it gets into

the upper 12's and gets 30+ mpg.

(it is still a Cavalier thou...)

I love my '04 GTP!! 1st gear is a lil slow, but after that it'll give you want you want and more. Plenty of room in the trunk, back seat is a little cramped.....I'd recommend it.

WRX/STi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So many good reasons... The Subie community is the best in the car world, they sound the best, they break the least (STis especially - invincible transmission) much more reliable and cheaper than EVOs, symmetrical (not converted) AWD, Double DIN drop-in HU's for all US models prior to 08 and a simple kit for newer ones...

Mine makes me happy every time I drive... scoobies have souls and personalities //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/inlove.gif.6846f78f06b405429ef3a00129788a2a.gif

STi: 0-60 in 4.5 seconds

WRX: 0-60 in 5.3 seconds

edit: don't forget you can go 100 mph through snow and ice and dirt and gravel and forests and anything else where other cars would get stuck and be useless //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
why would you want to go 100mph in snow and ice?

why would you want to go 100mph in snow and ice?
If you're Colin McRae, I suppose. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I very much enjoy romping and sliding around the snowy dirt roads here.

14 sec car and fast are not the same thing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
While I agree, fast is subjective. What if he has never driven anything but 16-17second cars? A high 13second car is going to be fast to him. Besides anything in the high 13 range is quicker than most cars on the street.

If you're Colin McRae, I suppose. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I very much enjoy romping and sliding around the snowy dirt roads here.
I do some times with the awd dsm. I generally like making the idiots feel stupid when I leave their V8s way way back haha...sorry to any one who owns V8s but some of the owners are just well stupid. Then they turn into a big baby when my little 4 banger is actually not slow haha.

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

While I agree, fast is subjective. What if he has never driven anything but 16-17second cars? A high 13second car is going to be fast to him. Besides anything in the high 13 range is quicker than most cars on the street.
True, I guess I'm tainted by my life experiences.

I do some times with the awd dsm. I generally like making the idiots feel stupid when I leave their V8s way way back haha...sorry to any one who owns V8s but some of the owners are just well stupid. Then they turn into a big baby when my little 4 banger is actually not slow haha. 

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

Lets race for pinks, once I get my drag radials???? P.S. The V8 in my car has less then 5 grand into everything including the original cost of the motor. Good luck getting close to same performance for cost. On a sidenote, there are a lot of 4 cylinder cars that are quick, but the fact of the matter is the amount of money spent for the percentage of power gained over starting with a larger motor to begin with is not arguable. I also have pics and vids during the engine swap on my phone, if anyone cares to see. I just do not have a way to get them from my phone to my computer atm.

Lets race for pinks, once I get my drag radials???? P.S. The V8 in my car has less then 5 grand into everything including the original cost of the motor. Good luck getting close to same performance for cost. On a sidenote, there are a lot of 4 cylinder cars that are quick, but the fact of the matter is the amount of money spent for the percentage of power gained over starting with a larger motor to begin with is not arguable. I also have pics and vids during the engine swap on my phone, if anyone cares to see. I just do not have a way to get them from my phone to my computer atm.
You are so far from the truth. My DSM has less in it then your car, but I bet we are on the same page on times in the 1/4(I would even say I'm faster). I'm not saying V8s are slow just some owners are stupid and arrogant such as your first part of the post. You last part of your post just shows your inability to understand what different cars can do with various amounts of money. I am building a V8 project myself so no, I'm not biased in anyway just because I own a dsm.

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

If you dont have to have a "car" the Trailblazer SS. 13.9 second 1/4 mile in an SUV.
I like this option myself.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.