Favorite speakers you have ever heard

My favorite part about any very nice and high end speaker is the absolute freedom from listening fatigue. You can be sitting there and not think it is that loud, but you turn to talk to the person in the seat next to you and you are literally yelling to talk to each other. That is a great feeling.

My favorite part about any very nice and high end speaker is the absolute freedom from listening fatigue. You can be sitting there and not think it is that loud, but you turn to talk to the person in the seat next to you and you are literally yelling to talk to each other. That is a great feeling.
I agree. This is precisely the reason for my attraction to dipole ribbon type speakers and the reason I began making my own ribbons.

This is the site that inspires me the most. Warning: There's a lot to read on this site so you might want to bookmark it and go back a few times.

http://www.transmissionaudio.com/

I did sum work on this guys home(a customer of mine) once(huge house in Greenwich, CT) and he kept telling me all about his audio system in his house. So when i finally heard it i was truly blown away, really didn't think that a home audio setup could sound so incredibly clear and create such perfect bass lines. Can't remember what the amps, speakers, subs, etc were but it was $25k+ worth of equipment he was telling me.

If things go as planned I am going to check out the Paradigm line sometime this week.
Haven't been super impressed with anything I have heard of Paradigm's line. The Monitor line IMO is extremely over rated, just sounded bad to me. Klipsch definitely sounded better but the horn tweeters are too bright, B&W sounded better for a little more. I haven't had a chance to hear much more, but Paradigm has never once impressed me.

Haven't been super impressed with anything I have heard of Paradigm's line. The Monitor line IMO is extremely over rated, just sounded bad to me. Klipsch definitely sounded better but the horn tweeters are too bright, B&W sounded better for a little more. I haven't had a chance to hear much more, but Paradigm has never once impressed me.
to each his own. i own the klipsch rf-82.the tweets are bright,but i like that somewhat. went to go purchase the b & W 683,ended up liking the paradigm better. Love the fst mid in the bw speaker though

to each his own. i own the klipsch rf-82.the tweets are bright,but i like that somewhat. went to go purchase the b & W 683,ended up liking the paradigm better. Love the fst mid in the bw speaker though
Yea, everyone has their own tastes, mine aren't the Paradigms, lol.

this is a home theater thread...lol..I fialed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
I've yet to really hear a home theater that's impressed me, to be honest...although there's no reason why it can't be done. Dedicated 2-channel setups have impressed me the most //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Favorite all time?

200905_avantgarde2.jpg

Nothing beats Tractrix horns, IMO. The AvantGarde stuff is dynamic as hell and fun to listen to...although I'd go DIY before I ever spent that kind of money.

But I wouldn't want just one pair of speakers. Different designs each have their positives and negatives...which is why I'd want examples of each //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I've yet to really hear a home theater that's impressed me, to be honest...although there's no reason why it can't be done. Dedicated 2-channel setups have impressed me the most //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Favorite all time?

200905_avantgarde2.jpg

Nothing beats Tractrix horns, IMO. The AvantGarde stuff is dynamic as hell and fun to listen to...although I'd go DIY before I ever spent that kind of money.

But I wouldn't want just one pair of speakers. Different designs each have their positives and negatives...which is why I'd want examples of each //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Wow, crazy. Would love to hear something like that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.