FI BL wattage?

ChanzSafari
10+ year member

())))Crayola()))>
Ms
My friend just bought some FI BL18's loaded with extreme leads and spl instead of daily. He is looking to see how many watts they can handle daily? Has anyone ever ran 2k plus on them? Thanks in advance

I wouldnt give a BL anymore then 1800w if you want 2k plus you need a BTL //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif :D

I wouldnt give a BL anymore then 1800w if you want 2k plus you need a BTL //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif :D
this.

I had the fully loaded 15" BL for daily

and it did just fine with 1400-1500w but 2000w //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

this.
I had the fully loaded 15" BL for daily

and it did just fine with 1400-1500w but 2000w //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
X2! I had 2 15" Fully loaded BL's off 2 Sundown 1500d's! 1500w is right around perfect for BL's

My friend just bought some FI BL18's loaded with extreme leads and spl instead of daily. He is looking to see how many watts they can handle daily? Has anyone ever ran 2k plus on them? Thanks in advance
If he chose the spl option I hope he doesn't plan on using them daily. . .

x2
I'd try to get a hold of Fi to see if they can change the order before it's too late.
Is this because they won't sound good? I just got a second car and was putting 2 12" BL's with a saz3000d on them. This is for daily driving around with a good chance they will be on for hours at a time. I want the daily option correct?

Is this because they won't sound good? I just got a second car and was putting 2 12" BL's with a saz3000d on them. This is for daily driving around with a good chance they will be on for hours at a time. I want the daily option correct?
I believe the gap is really tight on them, which leaves them susceptible to becoming damaged easily and possibly lower cooling over a long period of time.

Unless you will only be competing, you want the daily option and they should sound great and last you a long time. I owned a 12" SSD and was very happy with it's performance, for both SPL and daily.

My btls are spl, I don't bump them daily but i cut them on a few times a day. Had them since august and there still stiff and don't heat up or get smelly.

SPL: Simply put, if you plan on listening to any type of music you MUST choose the daily option. If it is strictly for a tone only scenario then choose the SPL option. The reason we have these options is the gap tolerances between the two are different. The gap in the SPL woofer is much tighter and FAR less forgiving in comparison to the Daily option. The Daily option simply gives the coil more wiggle room inside of the gap to deal with the non-linearity tendencies that you can get into when you are using a sub in a daily driving scenario. Typically SPL applications deal with 1 note and it does not change, therefore we can make the gap much tighter and get all of the motor strength that we can out of it.
Straight from their website. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I run two Fi Bl 12" fully loaded... I run 2k to each for daily if I crank it they do get hot but you can do it. as for the using a Fi SPL Bl for daily you are asking to F**K **** up.

im sending mine about 1300 each they take it like champs

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.