Fiberglassing new kickpanels.... On axis or off axis... eD 6500's

Participant count
  • Participant list

DOHCrazy
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
They are powered by a nine.4. Tweets and Midrange will both be in the kick similar to the way it is now. They are sealed now, the new kicks will be IB.

As you can see, they take up quite a bit of space now. Scott is making my baffles this time, and they should be a bit smaller than the ones in the current kicks. Since they will be IB it will help make them more compact also.

Question is, should I angle them slightly, but still off axis, or keep them how they are on axis? Right now, they are aimed at the opposite headrest. Remember, its in a truck, so my head is quite a bit higher than it would be in a car.

I think they sound good now, but my high end component listening time is still pretty narrow.

mini-IMG_0267.JPG

mini-IMG_0128.JPG

i dunno but holy **** how do you drive or have anyone ride in that car comfortably?

"sittin sidewayz" haah sorry but i dont know- try to mock up both positions and see which sounds better to you??

That's what I want to do with mine eventually. I have sealed k-panels right now, but it definetly takes away the leg room. Here is a crappy pic of my kicks before I re-did some glassing to make them look more flush with the sides, and carpeted them. I need to take some pics of the finished product, but I don't have a digi-cam with me.

kickpanels018.jpg

They sound AWESOME with the on-axis Z6 mount, but the lack of leg room definetly pisses off my passengers.

i dunno but holy **** how do you drive or have anyone ride in that car comfortably?"sittin sidewayz" haah sorry but i dont know- try to mock up both positions and see which sounds better to you??
Great post.

Its a Tahoe, both driver and passenger can sit very comfortably. Its not like Im running out of room.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.