Figuring out the Resistance

Participant count
  • Participant list

CheapPyramidStuff
10+ year member

I have an amp that's bridgeable at 4 ohms. Can I hook up 4 subs to these 2 bridged channels and have them run at 4 ohms? Does it work like this: Run the + of the amp to the + of #1 sub, run the - of the #1 sub to the + of the #2 sub, run the - of the #2 sub to the - of the amp. Then do the same except substitute subs 3 and 4 for subs 1 and 2? If that's wrong please tell me, but I think that's 4 ohms. Thanks.

seriously doubt if you would make 4ohm stable on those subs..

+/- **** isnt real important if you have a two way connect, it ony wants a closed circuit (+ = feed, - = feedback)... if you got a speaker with two plain cables you can unplug them and replug any way possible and you still have the same sound...

back to the question... what kinda amp is it ? Gimme all the species //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Editted: Figure of speech would be taking a mono (example) 400.1 amp and plug 4 ten inch subs on it, construction wise it would be like + and - from amp both go to distribution block and from that block four cable pairs run to the sub... and yes.. this would work altho its always suprising what kinda sound you end up with...

If you ask me just take a mono amp (good brand, good power and good rating - rf/pg/jl) and put two ten or twelf inchers on them...

another PS: yes, pyramid suxx0rs... they evil !

it all depends on the ohm ratings of the subs in question. how many voice coils is each sub and what is each voice coils ohm ratings? and how many watts does this amp put out bridged into 4 ohms. remember each sub will share the amps output evenly.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.