Final Thoughts? Kenwood X890

canadian_mofo
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
van-city
Well going to make the purchase this week, but doesnt seem like there are alot of kenwood fans on the board. For $260 on ebay is this deck a good choice?? Is there a another path i should look into for roughly the same price? Give your reasons why or why not.

I just installed my x790, and i'm pretty pleased with it. Works great and there are a lot of options.

The only thing I would ask about your upcoming purchase is why you really want to bridge the gap and spend that much more money?

x890:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-0yleqv3gFC8/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?search=x890&i=113KDCX890

x790

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-0yleqv3gFC8/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?search=x790&i=113KDCX790

seroiusly.. the only difference is the USB hookup and the slightly better digital converter, which you're probably not going to notice.

Is it worth the price hike for bragging rights?

Go ahead and get the Excelon HU. You should be very happy with it. I have last years excelon and I am very happy with mine. SQ is awesome and loaded with options. For the price you really can't go wrong.

ok cool i just here so much about eclipse and pioneer on this board its hard to really know if this kenwood is good, especially compared to the pioneer and eclipse HU's that are always talked about.

dude the X890 doesnt have any options for bass, i have the X790 and its the best HU i have owned. go for the X790 u wont be disappointed and plus 2 of my other friends have them too and they love theirs too. got mine for $180 BNB. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/satan.gif.9c6a335ed7aeeed3ee273e573f1fcaac.gif

from what i heard it does have options for bass. Its not a direct bass +/- it has EQ curves which you can change the amount of bass, so its the same thing just a little more advanced

excelons are a great choice imo. ive had the 869 and now have had a 879 for a few years and i love it. so many features and sound controlling abilities for the money...i want a new "blingy" '06 deck of some kind, but i cant seem to want to get rid of my kenwood. great choice imo

hey man...im thinking of getting a kenwood excelon deck as well...

ipod connection is important to me...so my options are the x590, x790 or x890...u cant go wrong...basically the x590 has the usb input and the x790 has the aux in...the x890 has both of them..and a better bit converter...

where r u getting ur deck from? and its to canada ..so tell me how that goes...

but ne one is a safe bet.

where r u getting ur deck from? and its to canada ..so tell me how that goes...

but ne one is a safe bet.
gonna be buying it through indoaudio.com an ebay store, ive dealt with them a few times in the past and liked their service. Gonna buy the x890 and the phoenix gold xenon 100.2 amp both shipped to canada for a total ship price of 69 dollars. Shoud be a a good upgrade from the pioneer DEH-p4600mp deck and 400 watt profile amp i got ripped off a week and a half ago.

Enjoy the X890. I haven't had the pleasure of fooling with one myself in person but on paper it looks rock-solid and as I have been an unwaveringly loyal eXcelon fanboi for several years now I can't see anything to take issue with the new ones about //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

im thinking about getting the x790 myself from indo audio...hey tell me how that goes..and tell me the price u paid for brokerage and customs....pm when u can

great pick up on the xenon amp....wish i had that amp...would match great from my x600.1

im thinking about getting the x790 myself from indo audio...hey tell me how that goes..and tell me the price u paid for brokerage and customs....pm when u can
great pick up on the xenon amp....wish i had that amp...would match great from my x600.1

Will do, ill be placing the order this thuresday/fri

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.