Finally installed my amp... :-\

Participant count
  • Participant list

FrEnChYII
10+ year member

Miseur French
Ok, I installed my 4004 tonight... finally...

I have only one question really, I have a set of component speakers up front, and this amp is running to them, is having a hissing sound coming from them, normal? Or what, and if not, how should I fix it, or look into fixing it?

Thanks. ;-)

No, could it be due to a bad ground?

And another thing, I was talking to my local car audio store owner, and he told me that I DON'T need to run a ground from the battery to a distribution block to my amp... and that a proper chassis ground will be more than sufficient............. is this true?

No, could it be due to a bad ground?
And another thing, I was talking to my local car audio store owner, and he told me that I DON'T need to run a ground from the battery to a distribution block to my amp... and that a proper chassis ground will be more than sufficient............. is this true?
In a word? Yes. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

lets put it this way, a proper chassis ground is FINE. and no you don't NEED a ground from the battery to the amp....however the battery negative is the BEST ground...just takes more wire

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.