First Car Audio Setup

ImSoNew0rleans
10+ year member

iight so this is my first car, a 2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8S .......still equipped with Stock radio,speakers, etc......the stock headunit works but its pushed in and only like 1 speaker works(really low volume) ..

Anyway, so I'm going to replace everything in it, right now I'm looking at this HeadUnit ,

Kenwood KDC-MP345U ( can't post links yet )

RMS Power Output - 22 W

Peak Output - 50 W

Preamp outputs - 4 Channel

EDIT **

I decided I'm going to go ahead and purchase the Kenwood KDC-MP345U .....

I also found some nice component speakers , the Polk Audio db6501

Now, What kinda amp would I need to get? Recommendation on some good amps? nothing higher than $300

Last edited by a moderator:
iight, so i purchased the MB Quart ONX4.125

1000W RMS, ONYX Series 4-Channel Amplifier (ONX-4.125) to go along with my setup...fcken wiring

Kit is hitting me for like 82 dollars for 4 gauge

---

Im replacing my stock crap, i want it loud but not bass overpowering

This is what i have so far:

Headunit - Kenwood KDC-MP345U

Front - Polk Audio db6501 comp system

Amp - MB Quart ONX4.125

1000W RMS, ONYX Series 4-Channel Amplifier (ONX-4.125)

Need to find a cheaper 4gauge amp kit, or i might just have to

Blow 90 dollars on a fcken kit

This should sound way better then the crap that was in

On the amp kit, could I get a 4 gauge 2 channel even though I'm using a 4 channel amp?

Don't spend that much on a 4 gauge kit.

KnuKonceptz Blue/Silver KLM 4 Gauge Amp Install Kit | eBay

That's what I used. Nice flexible stuff.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

And about the 2 vs 4 channel - yes you can use a 2-channel kit, you will just need to obtain another set of RCAs to run from the HU to the amp for the other two channels. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif

ok, after doing some more looking around I'm going to purchase a new battery....Needed one anyway.....

So to run my current setup above , Would a "Duralast Gold/Battery" cut it?

price - 112.99

*** 640 cold cranking Amps (800 cranking Amps) *** 100 reserve minutes. -> 3 year free replacement

Bare with me, This is my first time installing audio....

....noob question.....

Any videos or tutorials on how I would convert the white connector to the component speakers wires

I removed the factory speaker and it was attached to a white connector that was hooked in, the component speaker only has 2 silver sides , positive and negative...

It came some wires for each speaker to, the wire has 2 plastic caps on 1 side and the other side is 2 silver wires sticking out of the wires.....

...I thought I had everything I needed except for a drill so I could adjust the speaker fitting but it looks like I'm going to need some tools to convert the white connector wires to work with the component speakers huh?

Right now I have nothing installed, so I'm assuming I would hook up the HU first, that should be nothing... ( found many different video tutorials on installing headunits, should be easy)

Then the amp? or speakers with crossovers?

Oh ya, what about the mounting? I don't have no board to mount the amp on, the MB Quart ONX4.125 is a big mofo...it prolly would still fit under the seat or behind the backseat...

I would have to mount the crossovers to eh

Can one of yall guide me in the right direction?

really starting to pi$$ me off, but I refuse to pay someone when I know I can do the same job for free with a little more research.

was the wiring harness connected to you stock speakers?? if so, you can just cut that off, and put some female harnesses on them

also... have you installed a HU before??? wiring hanesses are your best friend, lol

Yea, I have a wiring harness thats coming with the HU i purchased from crutchfield....thats why I said the HU should be nothing.....

But the speakers, pfft.......So I would cut behind the white connector or harness and remove that? then? The only harness I would have is for the HU , no connectors for the speakers....so I guess I would have to join them?

The car factory wires

The speaker wires

Now how would I get that on

STOP BUYING STUFF WITHOUT HELP!!That amp is WAAAY powerful for some Polks. Slow down fella!

Do you plan on getting a sub too?
I was telling everyone what I was purchasing before I got it, no one said anything....

But yea, in the future...I don't know what kinda sub I'm going to get, recommendations? ... probably one already in a box from online

Didn't know it was 'too powerful' ... But it should still function good right?

But I wanna have this hooked up before I get a sub....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.