First Full System Install

mb.kompre55

Hey Guys. I will be ordered parts for the first full system that I'll be installing myself. I had

a full system in the same model car before installed by a professional shop. I want to make this install as professional as possible & looking for suggestions on how to get best performance out of my system. My build list:

• Amp: alpine pdx-v9 5-ch amp
  • RF P3D2-12 w/ pre-fab Box
  • Pioneer AVH-4200EX 7" H/U
  • Polk DB6501 6" Speakers 100w RMS
  • Remote Control Bass Knob

This will be installed in a 2004 E55 AMG.

What is the best Wire Kit to use for this system? Should I use Dynamat during install?

I plan to use the factory speaker mount locations & tweeter locations, and to use the crossovers included w/ the polk speakers. I plan to also splice the factory speaker wire from each stock speaker and use the factory speaker wires for the new polk speakers instead of running new speaker wire.. Is there any disadvantage to doing this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Guys. I will be ordered parts for the first full system that I'll be installing myself. I had a full system in the same model car before installed by a professional shop. I want to make this install as professional as possible & looking for suggestions on how to get best performance out of my system. My build list:

• Polk DB6501" 6." Speakers

What is the best Wire Kit to use for this system? Should I use Dynamat during install?

I plan to use the factory speaker mount locations & tweeter locations, and to use the crossovers included w/ the polk speakers. I plan to also splice the factory speaker wire from each stock speaker and use the factory speaker wires for the new polk speakers instead of running new speaker wire.. Is there any disadvantage to doing this?
dyno doors for mids u probably only need good oversized 4 ga wire (get ofc wire).. if u wanta spend more $ u can get 0 ga.. i had a link to amp kit see if i can find it.

Definately do at least 4g ofc. That alpine is a beautiful amp, regulated power supply, so it is capable of pulling some amperage.

Hey Guys. I will be ordered parts for the first full system that I'll be installing myself. I had a full system in the same model car before installed by a professional shop. I want to make this install as professional as possible & looking for suggestions on how to get best performance out of my system. My build list:

• Polk DB6501" 6." Speakers

stinger expert roadkill is better than dynamat and cheaper and yes you want to fully seal up your doors and turn them into a proper speaker box, so to speak. Cover all gaps.

you can use stock factory wires they should support up to 80 watts no problem.

4 gauge knukoncepts ofc kit. CCA will work fine as well but in the long run, ofc will last longer.

stinger expert roadkill is better than dynamat and cheaper and yes you want to fully seal up your doors and turn them into a proper speaker box, so to speak. Cover all gaps.
you can use stock factory wires they should support up to 80 watts no problem.

4 gauge knukoncepts ofc kit. CCA will work fine as well but in the long run, ofc will last longer.

i will look into that amp kit

how can I seal up my door completely? i want to eliminate any rattles or vibrations in the car to get as clean of a sound as possible

also, the polk db6501 speakers i will be using are rated at 100w rms and the alpine amp pushes out 100w rms to each channel, so i want to make sure im transferring full power to each speaker.

will the factory speaker cables be able to support 100w rms or will i need new wires ?

I ran with 12 gauge on mine, but the stock ones should be fine. Great speakers by the way, Ive ran mine for two years now. Just make sure you do a proper sound deadening treatment to bring out the full potential. A layer on your inner door panel and the door trim and you should be set. Make sure to also have a solid speaker baffle with a decent sized square of deadener or acoustic foam behind the speaker itself to dissipate any backwaves.

i will look into that amp kit how can I seal up my door completely? i want to eliminate any rattles or vibrations in the car to get as clean of a sound as possible

also, the polk db6501 speakers i will be using are rated at 100w rms and the alpine amp pushes out 100w rms to each channel, so i want to make sure im transferring full power to each speaker.

will the factory speaker cables be able to support 100w rms or will i need new wires ?
factory wiring will likely be better as its OFC, you're running 100w at 4 ohms, just route a 9 wire conductor from behind the headunit to wherever you mount your amp and itll be just fine

focus your money on good OFC copper power wires and an ideal enclosure, sealing your doors, and tuning your amp/ the most important things right now for you. installation is important, but spend money and time in the right places.

consider buying an ebay oscilloscope for ~65 bucks to ensure you set your gains properly. gain settings are the biggest mistake you can make that will burn out your speakers.

i will look into that amp kit how can I seal up my door completely? i want to eliminate any rattles or vibrations in the car to get as clean of a sound as possible

I wouldnt worry about the speaker wire too much at all, its not gonna make any difference in sound AT ALL, zero, nada. Neither are you gonna hear a difference between OFC and CCA, however ofc will last longer and is less susceptible to corrosion. Your alpine wont draw enough current to even come close to maxing out the wires thermally as long as its actual 4 gauge.

As for speaker wire, unless your factory wire is like 28 gauge or something, i wouldn't bother. Soundqubed Q mat is no different than stinger thickness and aluminium backing wise, its a lot more expensive as well, just looks cool. You will hear zero difference between factory 18 gauge vs 12 gauge especially with only 100 watts. I'm running 450 watts per speaker and have noticed zero difference between 12 and 16 gauge.

I wouldnt worry about the speaker wire too much at all, its not gonna make any difference in sound AT ALL, zero, nada. Neither are you gonna hear a difference between OFC and CCA, however ofc will last longer and is less susceptible to corrosion. Your alpine wont draw enough current to even come close to maxing out the wires thermally as long as its actual 4 gauge.
As for speaker wire, unless your factory wire is like 28 gauge or something, i wouldn't bother. Soundqubed Q mat is no different than stinger thickness and aluminium backing wise, its a lot more expensive as well, just looks cool. You will hear zero difference between factory 18 gauge vs 12 gauge especially with only 100 watts. I'm running 450 watts per speaker and have noticed zero difference between 12 and 16 gauge.

Reviving this thread ..was away traveling for bit ..I'm ordering all the parts and everything I need for the install tonight

I think i will go with stinger roadkill expert for sound deadening ...how many sq. ft. do I need to cover all door panels & my trunk ?

Reviving this thread ..was away traveling for bit ..I'm ordering all the parts and everything I need for the install tonight
I think i will go with stinger roadkill expert for sound deadening ...how many sq. ft. do I need to cover all door panels & my trunk ?
If you had more thorough knowledge of how to properly deaden with minimal coverage then i'd recommend a smaller pack however since you dont have the technique down yet, i'd recommend getting the 36 sq feet bulk pack. Always good to have extra in this case. If you can wait awhile, the price can drop to 70-85 dollars for the 36 sq feet bulk pack. Right now is pretty steep pricing at 95.

God don't get Stingers overpriced crap. You have to go out and measure. Inner and outer door and the skin of you want it right.
way better than noico. On par with any other 80 mill sky high/knu unless you get the thicker ones 120mill+ then yeah its a washout. But yes for door gaps i'd recommend something solid and not deadener.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.