Fixing an 880prs (CD mechanism, not picofuse)

Participant count
  • Participant list

02dodgeram
10+ year member

DFW
I opened pandora's box with my 880prs. I opened it up and soldered the picofuse to get rid of the alternator whine. I'd been grounding the preamp jackets for a couple of years and the problem always seemed to come back. I'd redo the grounds and it would be good for 6 months to a year, then come back. So I'd never opened a head unit before, but I went to walmart and bought a cheap soldering iron and went to work. I basically just started removing screws and pulling things apart.

In the process of pulling things apart, I took the CD mechanism apart, not knowing that it was one full caged unit that didn't have to be separated. I got it soldered, fixed a ribbon issue with a part from Pioneer, and got it all back together. The ground issue is gone and the radio works great, but the CD player is borked.

Here's a video:

Basically, the CD wont feed in properly. It's worth noting that about 10-12 springs were removed and reinstalled from the cage and mechanism itself. Everything is lining up pretty well, and I actually managed to get a CD to feed in and play when I first got it hooked up, but after ejecting it and trying again, it's not working again.

Does anyone have any ideas about what is wrong? I've ripped into this thing 8-10 times already. Everything looks good, but it's not working.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

02dodgeram

10+ year member
02dodgeram
DFW
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from