Flashing capacitor

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mikeyz M

CarAudio.com Newbie
So I'm new and still learning had my system for about a year now noticed my lights where when out got a capacitor hooked it up it was working fine about 2 week ago it started flashing 00 but I still get power and sound what do that mean

So I'm new and still learning had my system for about a year now noticed my lights where when out got a capacitor hooked it up it was working fine about 2 week ago it started flashing 00 but I still get power and sound what do that mean
Ive had one in the past.. It means that its more than likely no longer any good. Though.. you can pull it out and discharge it for a good day. then charge it back up to see if it still does the same thing. It has a plate on top that power will still go through on most. Discharge it for 6 hrs or 1/2 a day let it set then charge it back up and see if it does the same thing. You should have a capacitor to juice it back up slowly that came with it, check with a DMM, most sit at 14v.. its possible that the Volt meter isnt reading properly also. Best to place a small Audio battery in its place. Capacitors create alot of voltage issues in an audio system

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...