Focal PS165FX ?

Participant count
  • Participant list

cruzer51

Im new here. And have a question hopefully you guys can help me out. I am installing a sterio unit in a 1953 buick that I am buimding. I have a sony Mex-n5000bt bluetooth head unit connected to a xd400/4 amp and a pc21400 2 channel amp that runs the 2 10" infiniti subs. I have 2 of the expert focal ps165fx kits witch i am currently trying tk figure out. I have the jlaudio xd400/4 4 channel amp that I want to run to all the focal crossovers to run all 4 focal woofers and 4 focal tweeters. The problem I have is on the focal crosover there is 4 inputs (t- ,t+, w-, w+) and I am goint to just have 2 inputs coming from each channel of the amp output to each crosover. So do I hook the amp outputs to the t- and t+ or do I have to also do a jumper from from t- to w- and t+ to w+ or am I just an idiot and doind it compleetly wrong? Any help would be greatly apl riciated. Ive been searching all day for the answer and cant find it.

No one has wired an amp that only has 2 output wires per channel to a crosover that has 4 imputs? The only wiring schematic it gives me In The book is if I run a 4 channel amp for just 2 crosovers. I attached 2 pictures of the wiring diagram that focal provided. I would like to do what is in The first picture where it looks like the head unit is powering 2 crosovers but instead of the head unit I want to use 1 channel from the amp to control each crosover. Maybe I will just have to buy a second 4 channel amp and wire it the way the second picture shows.

Yes, just make jumpers for the tweeter and woofer inputs. Many bi-ampable component sets come with jumpers in the package or inside of the crossovers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.