Focal TKM tweeters

Participant count
  • Participant list
The specifications say they will handle 15 watts nominal and 100 max. The amp I have is an old school fosgate 600a4 that does 75 watts RMS/channel. Will this toast those tweets? I will be running them active though a 3Sixty.3.
Gain all the way down. 15watts - 100 watts represents the musical transient and thermal power range it can handle. You can also cut back at the source unit and on the sixty.

That was kind of what I was thinking I just didn't know if it would even turn down that low

That brings up another question though. How is only have a small amount of power going to the tweeters vs having higher power going to the mids, mid bass, and subs going to change my imaging?

That was kind of what I was thinking I just didn't know if it would even turn down that low
That brings up another question though. How is only have a small amount of power going to the tweeters vs having higher power going to the mids, mid bass, and subs going to change my imaging?
Most tweeters require minimal power compared to larger drivers. If you have mids that are 50 rms, Try to set gain at 50 rms on that amp. This can get really tricky and complex. Go to DIYMA forums and look up gain setting. Finding the deck ( headunit) clipping point, then matching to the amps input output. Then adjusting to the drivers (speakers / tweeters / subs ) nominal power handling range. If you really want to get this right, I would look for a shop that specializes in Sound quality builds. Like Handcrafted car audio in AZ. Or Simplicity in Sound in CA. Those types of shops do amazing jobs. and many other shops do also, they just aren't known by me.

So since I'm running active crossover, set the gain for the "front" output on the amp to match the tweeters and set the "rear" to match the woofers? And the tweeters will still be loud enough compared to the woofers even though they are getting less wattage?

So since I'm running active crossover, set the gain for the "front" output on the amp to match the tweeters and set the "rear" to match the woofers? And the tweeters will still be loud enough compared to the woofers even though they are getting less wattage?
you should be able to adjust that. if they aren't loud enough, should be able to gain up or gain down the other drivers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.