Footwell lights

Participant count
  • Participant list

maylar
10+ year member

Electrical Weenie
Connecticut
I have acquired a 2010 Cadillac DTS and I want to add footlights to the front. Apparently they were only standard on the "Platinum" trim level, and mine is just a "Luxury II". Who would have guessed that a $50,000 car would not have them.

Anyway, the factory parts are not available anywhere, so I don't even know how they were mounted or what they looked like. I do know that they wired to the instrument panel lights and were dimmable, a feature that I want to have.

There's all sorts of aftermarket stuff out there but I don't want anything fancy. Blue is fine for color and I don't want a remote. I'm a bit out of my realm here, so I'm asking for ideas.

TIA

I'd check a Cadillac forum. Maybe you can pull them out of wrecked model. OTOH, I can't imagine it would be hard to wire a set of LEDs up, especially if you're willing to use a manual switch vs tapping into the harness for switched ground/12v attached to the door light circuit.

I belong to a Cadillac forum and they're no help other than to agree with me that not including them was a another cheap-out by GM. I can't even find a part number or option code for the lights. Searching the web brings up generic lighting vendors or sometimes the whole "interior ambient lighting package", including lamps, harness and controller board for $500. No thanks.

None of the generic kits show as being dimmable, which I really want.

I belong to a Cadillac forum and they're no help other than to agree with me that not including them was a another cheap-out by GM. I can't even find a part number or option code for the lights. Searching the web brings up generic lighting vendors or sometimes the whole "interior ambient lighting package", including lamps, harness and controller board for $500. No thanks.

None of the generic kits show as being dimmable, which I really want.
I'd just go generic then. You'll have to figure out how the door light circuit works if you want to make the lights work with the doors. If you want to go the easy route, just use a switch and it should be a super easy install.

LED flat strips work fine. Can be double sided taped or zip tied under the dash areas for flooring and tapped into the door pin switch wiring

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...