ford escape

Participant count
  • Participant list

netzero
10+ year member

USMC
Hey heres a few short questions. Went outta town two weeks ago and asked my dad to do the big 3 for me while i was gone on the weekend, he didnt follow my advice and get knu 1/0 like i asked, and went to save a few buck and got 2 gauge from lowes?? Not only does it make it hell to get my negative off my batt, but it doesnt seem to help too much on voltage drops. Will redoing it myself with knu 1/0 help? #2, I have a 01 ford escape 5 speed, with the I4 engine, I looked up stock alt and it says 105 AMPs. Will that be enough to power a kicker ZX750.1 and a smaller 2X100 Watt amp alright with the knu big 3? #3 whats the best way to measure voltage at my amp? Can a place like autozone or advance auto read what i need? Thanks a ton

Hey heres a few short questions. Went outta town two weeks ago and asked my dad to do the big 3 for me while i was gone on the weekend, he didnt follow my advice and get knu 1/0 like i asked, and went to save a few buck and got 2 gauge from lowes?? Not only does it make it hell to get my negative off my batt, but it doesnt seem to help too much on voltage drops. Will redoing it myself with knu 1/0 help? #2, I have a 01 ford escape 5 speed, with the I4 engine, I looked up stock alt and it says 105 AMPs. Will that be enough to power a kicker ZX750.1 and a smaller 2X100 Watt amp alright with the knu big 3? #3 whats the best way to measure voltage at my amp? Can a place like autozone or advance auto read what i need? Thanks a ton
knu concept's wire will not make or break ur install.. it's a forum boner of a wire if you ask me.... just as long as the wire you choose is copper, and has a high strand count....

as far as re-doing the big three... that's up to you...

and the ford, you should be fine.. just do a big three on that allso...

I can't say now if its oxygen free, but i sure no its not high thread count, maybe 20 tops lol. Like i said, Its hell to bend when getting the - off my batt. will upping the thread count help?

I believe that will be fine. Just hook up the amps, set the gains right and then do a voltage reading at the amps. Measure the amps positive and negitive. And ya, an auto store can read what you need, but I doubt they will want to. Unless your buying something. You can buy a cheap volt meter for like 10 bucks at wall mart or online. If your serious about car audio, you may want to invest in a good meter like this.

http://www.professionalequipment.com/extech-600a-true-rms-ac-dc-clamp-meter-38389/clamp-meters/

Not only will it tell you what voltage you have at the battery/amps, It can tell you how many amps your systems load it drawing as well. Plus you can ohm out subs, wire, ect. Def a good investment.

Thank your dad for helping you. It may not be what you wanted, but it will work for your set up. And Oxegen free wire is not a must. Its nice to have, but 80% of ppl dont use it.

Good luck.

Ya man I was glad he did it for me, and i doubt im gonna need to replace it. I looked at some of my options and its not really worth it. I'm just gonna get an after market terminal so its not so hard to work with. Oh and i did find a voltage meter in my basement and it seems to work great, it reads Ohms and all that good stuff too so i think im set. Thanks for the replys

strand count will only help with flexibility

I actually have 4 runs of 2 gauge copper for my battery to fram ground

works fine, just solder the connections, and bend it with a hammer lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.