Ford GT McIntosh system question

m48xhp
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Exclusive
I need to know what HU is in the Ford GT with the McIntosh system. I am pretty sure it is the MX406 (http://www.mcintoshlabs.com/mcprod/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=33&cat=Control+Centers+%26+CD+Changers&prodid=1077&product=MX406)

here is a shot of it in the car:

05.ford.gt.rad.500.jpg

id just like somone that knows to confirm that. i want to know if i can just use RCA inputs for an MP3 player.

and then if anyone has gotten into them, how is it the easiest way to pull it out to get to the back. obviously i do not want to start pulling on panels if it is not needed.

thanks

according to the link you should be able too.

First time for me seeing the HU on a Mustang,I find it hard to believe

that they give you a McIntosh HU as standard equipment.

I love it when cars come with high end parts,usually American cars come

with "the lowest bidder" garbage -

I don't think thats a Mustang guys. I'm pretty sure he's referring to the GT supercar, what with the start button and all. If he owns this car, I would venture to say that he could pay someone to figure out the system for him. Sick car btw

Yes he is talking to the ultra sexy ultra fast pure american muscle Ford GT MUAHHAHAH!!... **** that HU is sexy LoL. One of the few cards i'd trade their factory HU for any aftermarket one I could find. Would love to throw one of those puppies in a Enzo with an RL-I 8 in the back and a pair of Ology comps up front...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

sorry boys and girls, its not mine. but it is my dad's. the mustang is mine. he's been wanting an mp3 player to use and i just found that it may have an RCA input. im trying to figure this out and hook it up as a father's day present.

all i really need to know is:

is that the correct model?

and what is needed to pull it?

sorry boys and girls, its not mine. but it is my dad's. the mustang is mine. he's been wanting an mp3 player to use and i just found that it may have an RCA input. im trying to figure this out and hook it up as a father's day present.

all i really need to know is:

is that the correct model?

and what is needed to pull it?
no offense, but why not get it done at a store?

edit: You should be able to use the inputs with an mp3 player. Might look bad though. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I dunno about pulling panels off. Good luck with that.

no offense, but why not get it done at a store?
edit: You should be able to use the inputs with an mp3 player. Might look bad though. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I dunno about pulling panels off. Good luck with that.
first of all, i know what you said already. i dont have the car with me. i really just want to know the answers to the questions i said. so posting saying "i dunno...good luck" is completely useless. now if you want to just say how badass of a car it is, then go ahead, cause it is!!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

I don't think many of us disassemble supercars on a regular basis. Hell, we take the sawzall to the cutlass any day of the week, but you pay more in one mo. than I paid for my car. Kinda hard to know how to uninstall without ever even seeing one. That's why we reccomend you take it to a shop.

first of all, i know what you said already. i dont have the car with me. i really just want to know the answers to the questions i said. so posting saying "i dunno...good luck" is completely useless. now if you want to just say how badass of a car it is, then go ahead, cause it is!!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif
just trying to help?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif :crap:

you dont really make sense.

I don't think many of us disassemble supercars on a regular basis. Hell, we take the sawzall to the cutlass any day of the week, but you pay more in one mo. than I paid for my car. Kinda hard to know how to uninstall without ever even seeing one. That's why we reccomend you take it to a shop.
i work on bentleys on a weekly basis does that count? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

i could take it to a shop, i could take it to where i work, but you think they would know? you think anyone at a shop knows more about mcintosh that you guys. there are 10 people in a shop that have never seen a ford gt and there are 10000 members here that have all heard of mcintosh and worked on ar stereo. i like my chances here better.

so if you know help me, if not then dont.

thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.