From Scratch Build.

Participant count
  • Participant list

BTLee

Slave to the Man
Denver
So maybe I should post each component in each thread, but since I'm building all at once I think it makes sense to discuss as a whole.

I'm pretty sure I've picked a good shop, but I'm also aware that each shop has loyalties and mfg deals that create biases.

Ground rules:

Price not really an issue but I dont want to waste just for name if no better.

I am looking for CLEAN sound. Although my music varies I want to hear that walking bass actually change notes instead of just thump and I want to hear the finger slide on the guitar strings.

Although the car will be shown, all components dont need to "match"

What I'm thinking at this point (with ?'s and issues in parenth):

Cabin

Dyn Esotar II 3 Ways in the kick (I'm concerned about no passive crossover but sold on dyn)

Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT head

Sub Enclosure

Its in the top well, convertible top will partially cover subs when retracted and have lid deck over it top up or down...

The well is fiberglass so I could layer reinforce and use existing or build out with MDF or Plexi. (Fiberglass cover with subface cutouts is all that will be seen)

I'm thinking sealed to keep the bass tight (not thinking SPL... I'm thinking concert.) but if the top will muffle it too much anyway maybe port to cabin. (hmm. help here?)

Size of box will be aprox: 2.25 cubic feet (maybe SLIGHTLY larger)

So how about a Pair of RE Audio XXX 10"s, Orion HCCA 104s, or DDZ10's? (I like the 10 inchers)

Trunk

(will be setting my chair behind my car at the shows so...)

Another set of dyn esotar II 3 ways

and a Roadview RP200 16:9 20" raw LCD

Obviously I dont want either to play while trunk is closed so I need to figure a way to shutoff...

(use fader on head unit and designate the trunk as the rear?)

Power

Limited space (two seater convertible and need to maintain some trunk room)

Optima Yellow Top

4 Channel Arc SE 4200,

2 Channel Arc SE 2300,

OK Talk among yourselves. And tear me apart...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.