FRUSTRATED! I can't find a subwoofer grille for my Pioneer TS-W309D4. Box mount?

asilentfire
10+ year member

I just bought a couple Pioneer UD-G308 subwoofer grilles from Crutchfield, but the screw holes don't line up with my TS-W309D4s, which has slightly bigger circumference.

My subs have a large plastic lip, and it seems that it will get in the way if I try to mount any kind of cover.

I called Crutchfield and they recommended their generic waffle style grille, but reading the reviews I learned that it sits on top of the sub and its actually about 1/16" small, and about 1/3 of the reviews reported that it didn't fit at all.

I am tempted to get a 15" grille and just mount to my box, but it will be a tight fit.. any suggestions?

I have been literally looking all day for something I know will fit and I can't find anything, I even called various stores and manufacturers, but they all just wanted me to buy it and find out...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif

Oh yeah, are there any grilles that mount directly to the box? That way I don't have to worry about the screws lining up, as I can just drill them wherever.. thanks!

I'm in a similar situation.

There are few generic grills made for fat surround subs, so I'm thinking about using a 12" Kicker square L7 grill over my round 10" Kappa sub.

zuszNxrVotdFc5l_eBDmzCQq62X5qT1XLwmM__Id4SLuBabKZtp8Sg39oNLe6TxOpbxdKGpCNZn3BZGVXxGJhp7SmPzGALtwupC735gbYJ-KsxDjdZCP24MEDXZ-sszqN_FuKDCLK7SzM6XWGV4s-hQrH39gBJQIWkXqc7Aqp03AE8q2Ehw2v8fwLj-iaikl-5Fg

You could get one that mounts to the box. Then if you are worried about the sub hitting it, just space it out with a few washers.

Any reason you recommend this? I like the look, but with shipping it be a $50 shot in the dark, and I don't have that kind of money.

My subs are the Pioneer TS-W309D4 model, and they have a fat mounting lip with 6 screw holes, these Fishman grilles appear to have 4.

I just bought a pair of Audiobahn cd312 illuminated grilles used for a decent price, but sent an email to Amazon requesting that they hold them for 24 hours so I can do some research. I called Audiobahn and I learned that there is an inner mounting ring that these mount to, which may be bad news, but if its takes 3 screws, there is a chance that it is aligned with my 6...

I can't find any box-mounting grilles, although I suppose I could just mount a 15" cover to the box, but my sub box is not much bigger than 15" wide in the smallest parts, as the boxes are custom cut for my trunk.

Any suggestions over the cd312s?

Well Amazon will hold them until tomorrow, morning.. I'll just have to see how it goes.. ugh.

Anyway, if anyone in my position ends up reading this, there is something on Amazon called a Bar Grill that mounts to the box. If you had a 12" sub, you would search "12 bar grill". Problem with this is all it is is just 4 bars running over the sub, which would work for most people i suppose. Someone recommended overlapping 2 of them in an X shape for more coverage, and I have to admit, it looks a lot better, but I have to wonder if if it would vibrate and rattle.

I'm not sure if I should cancel my Audiobahn cd312 order and go with the bar grills or not.. any tips? what are the chances of the cd312s actually fitting my Pioneers?

My recommendation is to not throw shtt at your woofer
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
That MIGHT suffice, as they are top mounted, but I do like to drive over jumps and loopty-loops on a daily basis, soo...

That MIGHT suffice, as they are top mounted, but I do like to drive over jumps and loopty-loops on a daily basis, soo...
i whip my civic daily when i still had it. just mount the box to the trunk so it dont slide

Any reason you recommend this? I like the look, but with shipping it be a $50 shot in the dark, and I don't have that kind of money.
My subs are the Pioneer TS-W309D4 model, and they have a fat mounting lip with 6 screw holes, these Fishman grilles appear to have 4.

I just bought a pair of Audiobahn cd312 illuminated grilles used for a decent price, but sent an email to Amazon requesting that they hold them for 24 hours so I can do some research. I called Audiobahn and I learned that there is an inner mounting ring that these mount to, which may be bad news, but if its takes 3 screws, there is a chance that it is aligned with my 6...

I can't find any box-mounting grilles, although I suppose I could just mount a 15" cover to the box, but my sub box is not much bigger than 15" wide in the smallest parts, as the boxes are custom cut for my trunk.

Any suggestions over the cd312s?
i chose those because i had problems finding grills for my idqs back when i had them. they also fitted the max's thought maybe they'd fit yours.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.