Fun new 8" Woofer I'm working on

now to the good stuff

spider diameter?

coils ww?

now i have a iderrr, what about a lead wire inpregnated into the back of the cone? just thinking it would alot less movement...

Simply awesome, but I fear the price, lol. I'm sure all the custom tooling wasn't cheap, and you have to leave yourself room to make some money, lol.

wouldnt the leadwire in the back of the cone work well? to lighten it up could use carbon leadwire. just thinking leadwire sewn on a spider with that much roll there might be a problem and there would be alot less movement.

Will it be possible to order a passive radiator with the same basket and cone?
I have no plans to make PRs at this time. If David @ FMS / PSI wanted to pick up the frame, cone, and spider to make you a PR I wouldn't have an issue with that.

wouldnt the leadwire in the back of the cone work well? to lighten it up could use carbon leadwire. just thinking leadwire sewn on a spider with that much roll there might be a problem and there would be alot less movement.
I am thinking tied to spider round wire leads -- as the spider will never reach even near it's limits the leads won't get stretched and snapped.

the cone wont go near the spider eather in ur mock up basket?
It shouldn't touch the spider in theory //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif We'll see how it does when I get my sample.

The innermost upward spider roll should move down with the cone and avoid contact.

wasnt so much worried about the spider hitting the cone but the leads. you know how 8s and 10s there is little room between the spider and cone.

on big 10s with multi spiders i always do floating leads glued 1" up the back of the cone then a lil felt pad. round sewn leads hit the back of the cone too hard and will wear out the lead even if padded under high excursion.

boy i remember the first spiders with leads in them like what tc sounds used woven into the spiders they ******. spiders have came along waze.

well back to work....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.