Fuse Blew

Xero.Limit
10+ year member

I never really cranked my HU up all the way(35). Today I decided to try and I blew my Radio fuse on the car I think I made it up to about 32 or 33 on the volume before it cut out. That got me thinking how do people have even more powerful HUs and not blew fuses? Any info would be good knowledge. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Yesterday a friend wanted to show me how his subs hit so we hooked them up in my car and I cranked it up a bit about 30/35 volume I believe. It played for a while then blew the same fuse again..I heard throwin a 7.5 fuse instead of a 5 helps out and stops the fuse from blowing. Anyone have any comments about doing this as far as safety and any concern?

Just run a dedicated power and ground from the battery and put a in-line fuse on the power.
not unless there is a short just put a bigger fuse but make sure it is not blowing because of a short i am pretty sure i have like a 20-30 fuse lol in mine

check your manual and see if there is supposed to be a bigger fuse. most of them are ~20 amp fuses, 5 amps seems really small. DO NOT just throw in a bigger fuse than what was factory in the car, you are asking to overload the wiring that way.

if the factory fuse is supposed to be 5 amps, then just run dedicated power/ground wires with an inline fuse as mentioned earlier

this happens to me to when i go high volume and i have the bass up all the way(not the sub the speaker bass) i just put a bigger fuse in from a 5 to a 20 amp and it hasnt blown yet! even at high volumes

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.