Gain question with HU sub volume, bass knob, and EQ

Participant count
  • Participant list

blackink
10+ year member

Cali
Hey guys I just got my system installed its 2 15" DC level 4 xls powered by an audiopipe 30001d going into an alpine 9887. The alpine has a separate sub volume control that goes from 0-15 and we set the gains by ear with the sub volume on 5 and the master volume on 20 and the bass knob set at about 2/5 the way up.

I was looking through the pages and people seem to have different opinions on how the sub volume control should be used on the HU so my question is how should I set gains by integrating the bass knob, HU sub volume, and eq?

Should I reset the gains with the HU sub volume all the way up to 15 and the master volume and bass knob all the way up too? I want the system to slam as hard as possible without clipping.

Thanks for the help!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.