Gain Setting Tutorial

I have an Alpine h/u with the subwoofer level, JL's tutorial tells me to turn all bass controls all the way down before I set the gains, but the first post tells me to turn subwoofer volume all the way up.

So which do I do?

I just went through all 37 pages of this topic but the question i have is not answered. Can someone assist.

When setting my gains I am using the following sine waves:

50hz @ 0db for subs (20hz - 71hz)

1khz @ 0db for my mid-range (71hz - 4.5khz)

?khz @ 0db for my tweeters (4.5khz - 20khz)

The problem is, I dont know what sine wav frequency I should be using for my tweeters. I am using the JL Audio VR650-csi components, but not with their passive crossover. I'm going active by using the H701's active x-over.

Also, This has been confusing me: Do I set my gains first with all my active x-over's turned off or do I have them turned on?

Thanks guys

I set the gains correctly and I get no bass and I'm only looking for a mild thump and SQ. If I had low quality stuff I could see a problem, but I'm running a 500/1 with a 10W6. could the sub be worn and I not know it? It's wired 3 Ohm and measures 2.9 Ohms at the speaker terminals, and makes no scratching sounds when pushed in.

please help

It's driving me nuts

38.7V

Bass vol on 15(alpine)

0dB 60hz sine cd(bass center frequency)

bass 0, treble 0, boost, mx all off

I have a hifonics bx1605d amp and I used a dmm to set my gains. The amp is rated at 1600 watts at 1 ohm. Which I used the formula and figured that the amp should be set to 40 volts.

I used a -6 db 50 hz tone and slowly turned the gain up. Well I ended up turning the gain all the way up and it only hit 35 volts. After that I tried turning up the bass boost to see if it would go up and it did. It went up to 40 volts pretty quickly. But I turned the bass boost off because I dont really like it that much.

What is wrong?

I have a hifonics bx1605d amp and I used a dmm to set my gains. The amp is rated at 1600 watts at 1 ohm. Which I used the formula and figured that the amp should be set to 40 volts.
I used a -6 db 50 hz tone and slowly turned the gain up. Well I ended up turning the gain all the way up and it only hit 35 volts. After that I tried turning up the bass boost to see if it would go up and it did. It went up to 40 volts pretty quickly. But I turned the bass boost off because I dont really like it that much.

What is wrong?
Where was your head unit volume set at?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.